Mental Health Awareness

It's back.
What? I hear you say.....

The feeling of impending doom like I think I'm going to have Heart attack.
The palpitations, the naging tightness, the gassy gut (stress belly)...
I've had a busy few weeks... doing some agency work for a friend, work I don't normally do. 8 hour Office environment. 100 people a day... barely time to have 15 mins lunch... 2 hour journey into London 2 hours out.
Thankfully that's come to an end just back to the normal window cleaning next week.

But I don't feel great.... and I have to go to chuffing family get together with the inlaws tomorrow. Not what I want to do to wind down.

Any how that's how I feel..... I'm trying to cut back on the Alcohol intake and trying to eat healthier meals. But I do wonder if I should put my mind at rest and go to the A/E tomorrow.... but at the same time I don't want to waste thier time or mine.

Stupid anxiety.

Sorry to hear your anxiety has spiked.

Have you left the office now? Are you back to your old job now?

How are you getting on this week?

Sorry to hear your anxiety has spiked.

Have you left the office now? Are you back to your old job now?

How are you getting on this week?
Back on the windows this week Donnie

I think the anxiety is starting to disperse but it's taken its toll on the gut... I've been struggling with stomach acid.

Blood tests to book.

Thanks for asking.

Back on the windows this week Donnie

I think the anxiety is starting to disperse but it's taken its toll on the gut... I've been struggling with stomach acid.

Blood tests to book.

Thanks for asking.

Acid reflux right? Are you taking anything for it? I take a few different things for mine.

I hope you continue to get over the rest of your anxiety.

Acid reflux right? Are you taking anything for it? I take a few different things for mine.

I hope you continue to get over the rest of your anxiety.
Yup.
Think it causes a little ulcer which then aches a bit if I don't have anything for my stomach to munch on. Generally use Rennie orange tablets. But I don't often suffer this bad with it.... once in a while.

Recognising the feeling when it is approaching and accepting you will ride it out and come out the other end is how I deal with anything like this, and I don't experience that kind of anxiety these days, so things can gradually improve.

This is good advice.

I know it's not the same, but when I am over worked and/or exhausted I cannot see anything positively. I can see no solution to challenges or problems. I panic about how things will work out.

But, I have learnt to recognise that I am in this state, that it will pass and that the mountains I'm staring at will be much easier to climb when I'm back on form.

It's not always easy, but it can help (at least it does for me).

That's helpful for me to read too. I'm predisposed to looking at the whole war instead of the individual battles and get anxious and overwhelmed, especially when tired and overworked. It sounds crazy but sometimes I literally think "how am I going to get to the end of my life?" instead of taking each day at a time, which is dangerous and depressing but hard to recognise in the moment.

That's helpful for me to read too. I'm predisposed to looking at the whole war instead of the individual battles and get anxious and overwhelmed, especially when tired and overworked. It sounds crazy but sometimes I literally think "how am I going to get to the end of my life?" instead of taking each day at a time, which is dangerous and depressing but hard to recognise in the moment.
Same with me, it's not always an easy thing to do but it's really the only way, one day at a time and everything becomes manageable.
I wish you well.

Paul.

This last week or so I've been feeling really low,, this is due to lower back pain, siatca to be precise. It's been non stop pain that just wears you down, putting one foot in front of the other is near on impossible and the drug's don't work anymore.
This is more of an explanation for why I've not been around for a while more than asking for advice.
I've got an arthritic lower spine ( along with lots of other things going on)
Anyway this pinches on the siatic nerve and until the flare up goes there's nothing that can be done.
I will take my own advice and take it one day at a time or try to anyway.
So if you've missed me this is the reason why, if you haven't missed me well........... forget it doesn't matter.

Paul.

Last edited:
This last week or so I've been feeling really low,, this is due to lower back pain, siatca to be precise. It's been non stop pain that just wears you down, putting one foot in front of the other is near on impossible and the drug's don't work anymore.
This is more of an explanation for why I've not been around for a while more than asking for advice.
Anyway this pinches on the siatic nerve and until the flare up goes there's nothing that can be done.
So if you've missed me this is the reason why, if you haven't missed me well........... forget it doesn't matter.

Paul.
Well that's just Pants buddy.
Hope you feel better soon.

Paul.
My wife suffers with bouts of this and some days I have to help her to get out of bed and off the sofa etc. I understand how this gets you down, she has low days especially when there is no fix, you just have to ride it out.
I hope it passes to a more manageable pain soon.

My wife suffers with bouts of this and some days I have to help her to get out of bed and off the sofa etc. I understand how this gets you down, she has low days especially when there is no fix, you just have to ride it out.
I hope it passes to a more manageable pain soon.
Thank you, it's starting to get better, I was able to get out of bed this morning without screaming out in pain.

Paul.

Really struggling today.
Workload pretty much doubled in the space of the last month or so. Lots of high profile stuff going on which my deaprtment having to facilitate improvements on (that are not our fault).
Moving house and getting married in the next few weeks.
Recent death of family member.

Have reluctantly had to reach out to my boss. Could go either way but I am already struggling so it's not going to sort itself out if I do nothing.

Good lord! That's all the stressful things on the list of most stressful things at one time! Yes, in that case it's imperative that you let them know, because that's a lot to deal with and they need to cut you some slack. I've had to tell my boss, and fortunately he's a bit more compassionate than his boss (into whom I previously reported). The top guy said "welcome to 2022 now get on with it, I have a bonus to achieve" when I told him the pressure he was applying was making me physically (blood pressure) and mentally unwell, whereas when I told my new line manager I was not going to be able to keep going like this he did tell me I can take a couple of hours on Friday afternoons to go for a walk and clear my head. If they don't know what you're up against, they can't make allowances. Good bosses will understand, shit ones you're better off without (although obviously a job is important but you know what I mean).

I hope you can find the strength and also that your employer is understanding and things improve. I realise it seems like an extra stressor but I reckon let the Mrs worry about the wedding, you just take care of yourself and look forward to the day. All the best

Really struggling today.
Workload pretty much doubled in the space of the last month or so. Lots of high profile stuff going on which my deaprtment having to facilitate improvements on (that are not our fault).
Moving house and getting married in the next few weeks.
Recent death of family member.

Have reluctantly had to reach out to my boss. Could go either way but I am already struggling so it's not going to sort itself out if I do nothing.

Holy smokes that's a lot of stuff on your plate. I'd lose my shit for going to a wedding, forget it being my own one! Good luck with it all Carl, I hope you manage to find a few windows of peace and quiet in the midst of everything.

Back
Top Bottom