Matchplay Range

I don't know what the rules are for multiple posts, but I just posted this in the acquisitions thread and realised it might be better suited here.

Had some time to kill in a nearby town today, so wandered into Home Bargains and picked up:

100 ml Match Play EdT
100 ml Match Play Aftershave
50 ml Match Play Moisturiser
200 ml Match Play Shower gel

For the grand total of £3.96! 99p each. They also had the EdT in 50 ml bottles, but wanted 99p for those too. You should never believe the RRP, but for interest's sake they claim the EdT was in the £30 range and the rest similarly so.

I haven't ever heard of these but at that price took the chance. It smells, to my very unreliable nose, like a copy of the "original" lacoste original, which was the first EdT I can remember buying.

I also got a bottle of Brut original in BM stores for £2.99.

For anyone interested, this is what a google search returned: some marketing guff

The scent description is hard to make out at that link so I tried to copy it down:

"Top Note
Aquatic-Citrus
Italian mandarin, grapefruit, orange & watermelon

Heart
Aromatic-spicy-floral
Artemisia, lavender, cardamon, jasmine, clove, coriander, pepper & nutmeg

Dry Down
Sensual-woody-ambery
Indonesian patchouli, sandalwood, cedar, vetyver, gaiac(?), incense, tonka bean, amber & musc"

A bit high minded for some 99p splash, but it smells good and can't be much cheaper.

I was in there the other day and a woman was putting seven or eight of the shower gels in her basket. She told me her husband had told her to buy "the lot". Don't know anything about it but did smell nice.

After getting them home and finally having a sniff, I am contemplating a run back down tomorrow evening to do the same and stock up a few bottles. The fuel cost might not justify it though!

My local Home Bargains only does the shower gel but I picked up six today. None are leaking but I can smell the fragrance with them all still sealed. It's a nice cologne musk fragrance

I'm just back from another jaunt down to Leven - bought up a few more shower gels and another bottle of the EdT.

So that's what musk smells like? I'm truly a complete novice when it comes to scent description - much like my whisky tasting abilities, it stretches to what I like, and what I don't like!

Has anyone else used the original Lacoste? Is it similar to this? Or am I just imagining it?

mulligano said:
I'm just back from another jaunt down to Leven - bought up a few more shower gels and another bottle of the EdT.

So that's what musk smells like? I'm truly a complete novice when it comes to scent description - much like my whisky tasting abilities, it stretches to what I like, and what I don't like!

Has anyone else used the original Lacoste? Is it similar to this? Or am I just imagining it?

Is that the green and white bottle?

fly3k said:
Is that the green and white bottle?

That's the one! This shape:

41g8WoLIUbL._SY300_.jpg

NotTheStig said:
Mid January I think. I won some vintage blades off ebay which I've decided is my Father's Day present. Haven't told my son yet though!

Mid January? Is it not June at some point? My old man will be feeling awfully neglected if it was last January!

This sounds really good. Somebody fetch me some AS & EdT would you, pretty please? I'll pay the cost plus 2nd class postage, of course! Please? It would do for my Father's day too. :D :D :D

NotTheStig said:
Sorry - I meant June. Blame lack of sleep!

Slack of leep. Spoonerism for the week! :D

Gairdner said:
This sounds really good. Somebody fetch me some AS & EdT would you, pretty please? I'll pay the cost plus 2nd class postage, of course! Please? It would do for my Father's day too. :D :D :D

NotTheStig said:
Sorry - I meant June. Blame lack of sleep!

Slack of leep. Spoonerism for the week! :D

If I get down there ill pick you some up. I do have an overdue baby though so chances are I won't make it for a while. Unless I'm picking up some nappies next door.

Back
Top Bottom