Martin (Prof Blighty)- Service Far Beyond the Norm!

I recently bought a couple of tubs of Professor Blighty's Formula 31 Shaving Cream. Great cream but, unfortunately, for some reason it didn't agree with me. Caused a slight redness. Happens from time to time (I react extremely badly to Trumpers West Indian Limes Cologne, for example). That's the way it goes.

I know from reading the boards that others love this cream, so I piffed the tubs on. Within minutes of my pif posts appearing in the BST, Martin had pm'd me, genuinely concerned that I'd had a less than satisfactory experience with his product. I should point out that this was around 7.30 in the morning!

I explained the situation to Martin, and he immediately offered me an aftershave splash! To say the least, I was surprised, but gladly accepted. This is what turned up at my office on Friday, 1st Class Recorded Mail:

[attachment=0]
Now - tell me - where else do you get customer care like that today? Astonishing!

In a covering note, Martyn points out that the cream (Natural) contains no fragrance, but the splashes do. Logically, therefore, if I react to the splashes and not the cream, it will go some way to identifying the fragrance as the ingredient to which I reacted adversely. I'll be reporting back on my findings. Clearly Martyn is dedicated to constant improvement of his range of products.

The whole experience has restored my faith in British retail, and I take considerable heart from knowing that there are retailers out there who really do give a toss!

Thanks Martin.

Attachments

• Blighty.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 232
I'll second (third, fourth...?) this. I recently enquired about an after shave balm, and Martin made one up specifically to suit my skin type, and it was delivered virtually the next day. And it's great stuff! I'm looking forward to an excuse to buy the shave cream, just need to choose a flavour!

Top notch all the way! Martin´s a really nice guy too and seems more into this by interest, than earning a buck or two, I think. Big thumbs up!!

I received my order today (with a couple of samples of other stuff thrown in - cheers Martin) and I cannot fault the service ansd when I had a question, he was very quick to respond with some very helpful advice.

My first order and definitely not my last!

Many thanks once again!

Yep another happy camper here. I arranged a swap with Martin the other day. His cream was on my doorstep* before I'd even managed to find a packet for his soap, never mind post it off to him. Lots of members recommend Nanny's as a one of those must-have purchases. I think Blighty's is now on that list too!

* Oh behave!! :eek:

I think everyone here who has dealt with Martin knows just how much of a gent he is, glad we have such a great vendor for us to purchase from, feel so much better providing money to a genuine guy then a shop.

Back
Top Bottom