Martin de Candre soap scents

Can anyone who has the regular and/or the unscented MdC soap please try and describe the scent? I'm thinking of ordering some, but am unsure as to which one. Is the unscented version completely devoid of fragrance, or does it have a 'soapy' smell a la Mitchell's Wool Fat?

FrankieG said:
Can anyone who has the regular and/or the unscented MdC soap please try and describe the scent? I'm thinking of ordering some, but am unsure as to which one. Is the unscented version completely devoid of fragrance, or does it have a 'soapy' smell a la Mitchell's Wool Fat?

I have the unscented version.
It does have a slight scent but nothing like MWF at all.

I would say if anything it has a slight coconut smell too it.
Ingredients are
Stearic Acid,
Aqua
Coconut Acid
Potassium hydroxide
Glycerin

I have always owned the regular at two different times. First time I had the glass bowl version (170g) and currently I have the wooden bowl.

The first smelt of rosemary/lavender with a hint of mint. I say rosemary/lavender as it's hard to distinguise between the two. They are blended really well together. I always stored that with the lid on so it kept a lot of its scent, which was quite strong.

I have to say that the wooden bowl version that I have is the same, if a little sweeter, but the strength of the scent has subdued a bit.

Hope this helps.

Ive just got a small amount 50g through the post today , from here,dont know what one it is,i suppose its the fragranced one , first thing i thought when i smelt it was, thats "monsavon bol à raser" , side by side its not excactly the same but close the Mdc is very very pungent !
Hmm thats no help if you dont know what monsavon smells like , is it !!!

My Fougere was waiting for me last night. Very subtle, gentle scent, but definitely there. Very, very nice indeed and looking forward to giving it a whirl sometime soon.

All the best

Jon

Damn you! I have the scented glass jar which I've used since Jan and barely scratched the surface of it. To me lavender is predominant with rosemary just behind. They sent me a sample bath soap of fougere which I like and I'm now swithering on getting the fougere shaving soap as a variation but trying to resist!!!

Thank you for all your responses. For those who have used it, have you found regular MdC (lavender/rosemary) to be drying to the skin at all? I had lavender scented cream that left my skin feeling tight and in need of moisturiser, but don't know if that's a characteristic of lavender oil or if it's the cream itself that was to blame...

fougere and scented and unscented all have a simliar underlying scent to them. personally...i like the fougere best but would take any of them.

they work really nicely.

FrankieG said:
Thank you for all your responses. For those who have used it, have you found regular MdC (lavender/rosemary) to be drying to the skin at all? I had lavender scented cream that left my skin feeling tight and in need of moisturiser, but don't know if that's a characteristic of lavender oil or if it's the cream itself that was to blame...

Not at all. My skin is very dry (and not just my face - hands for example need the hand cream treatment every night) and MdC has worked a treat on it every time.

Back
Top Bottom