March 2021 Acquisitions

ghostbusters yes GIF

160714438_872169959994596_166279258214967066_n.jpg
Quick delivery for my Futur copy - looking forward to giving this a run out, and if it's not for me then no biggie at the price from Aliexpress. Out of interest, does anyone use the blades that arrive with these things? My sentiment is that with so many decent blades in my box, why would I risk using an unknown? But then conversely I'm happy to buy the razor itself from them so......:unsure:

Last edited:
View attachment 66392
Quick delivery for my Futur copy - looking forward to giving this a run out, and if it's not for me then no biggie at the price from Aliexpress. Out of interest, does anyone use the blades that arrive with these things? My sentiment is that with so many decent blades in my box, why would I risk using an unknown? But then conversely I'm happy to buy the razor itself from them so......:unsure:

I've not used the blades but they are actually supposed to be excellent.

I'd be more wary of using the razor, well mine anyway arrived with an uneven blades gaps on both sides but if you need it can be remedied by holding the top cap and turning the dial, so it opens up and then reassembling it.

View attachment 66394
My friendly neighbourhood postman had arrived and dropped off some goodies - yet again :)

just gave them a smell - I think the tundra artica and felce aromatica are two of best soap smells I’ve smelled so far !

Our heavenly Father, let us not forget to be thankful of Connaught Shaving and the bounty of wealth Paul will bestow upon your doorstep.

Amen.

(everyone 'Amen')

Nice haul, where did you source the vintage Perma Sharps from?

Our heavenly Father, let us not forget to be thankful of Connaught Shaving and the bounty of wealth Paul will bestow upon your doorstep.

Amen.

(everyone 'Amen')

Nice haul, where did you source the vintage Perma Sharps from?
Found a woman selling them on Facebook marketplace - alongside 2 big packs of vintage jewel super stainless blades. Read up good things about those permasharps so managed to convince her to split - ended up paying £11 posted for those (11 boxes of 5, 8 stainless and 3 platinum )

Last edited:
Super happy to get a knock at the door this afternoon my newly acquired Dovo Masters with African Blackwood scales purchased from @RussellR5555 is here just in time for today’s shave can’t wait. I’d had my eye on this one as I just love the scales and the etched blade so when It popped up on the BST at an excellent price I had to snap it up it’s an absolute beauty. Couldn’t be happier thank you Russ
F0393C35-7A99-4170-98F2-976AF5D98548.jpeg

Found a woman selling them on Facebook marketplace - alongside 2 big packs of vintage jewel super stainless blades. Read up good things about those permasharps so managed to convince her to split - ended up paying £11 posted for those (11 boxes of 5, 8 stainless and 3 platinum )

Fine work and bought for a really good price.

I presume it was on a shaving related FB marketplace? I'm not on FB but I imagine scrolling through endless adverts for The Sun (which is why I left) and getting to that one listing for NOS blades must have made it all worthwhile.

Fine work and bought for a really good price.

I presume it was on a shaving related FB marketplace? I'm not on FB but I imagine scrolling through endless adverts for The Sun (which is why I left) and getting to that one listing for NOS blades must have made it all worthwhile.
thank you! Was tempted to get some of the jewel blades too but wasn’t sure how decent those were

Yep! Sometimes when procrastinating, I’ll search around for shaving its. Vintage razors, razor blades etc - and this one popped up. Other than that I barely use Facebook- too much rubbish on there haha!
If searching just for shaving related stuff, it’s actually not too bad - besides all the electric shavers

Back
Top Bottom