March 2018 Acquisitions

0f49a7d9f0350625372ea9593baa0c8c.jpg

Might go with Black Tea later.

Uh oh, two more fragrances to add to the throng...

Jean Paul Gaultier - Fleur du Male.
I've had limited experience with JPG's fragrances previously. I used to wear JPG Le Male growing up and liked it at the time but grew out of favour with it. I recently discovered that there's an established perfumer behind this line, by the name of Francis Kurkdjian - the face behind the house of Mason Francis Kurkdjian, somewhat unsurprisingly. I thought it worthwhile trying to find something in the range to try out, but take a different approach to the 'regular' Le Male. This, now discontinued, offering is a herbal-esque blend of chamomile and neroli, mainly. Nice and tarte up top but round enough to be worn even if the sun is not shining. Apparently has beastly longevity, also discontinued. Looking forward to trying this one on me.

Guerlain - Vetiver EDT.
Having tried three Guerlain fragrances, I was put off somewhat by two of them; namely Jicky and Santal Royal. Yes, they're great fragrances but didn't sit particularly well on my skin, nor did they compliment me as I was hoping. The third changed my perception; a sample of Guerlain Eau de Fleurs du Cedrat. This was a tarte, ripe lemon fragrance through and through. Very photorealistic to lemon rind and juice. Beautiful for topping up at the end of a sunny day. I digress. This came up at a good price for circa 40mL so I hastened to try it. With a new found appreciation for vetiver, having sampled Terre d'Hermes, buying Encre Noire Sport and sampling Byredo's Bal d'Afrique, this tobaccoed vetiver should be an interesting wear.

Back
Top Bottom