Mankind

I don't mean humanity in general, I mean the online retailers:

http://www.mankind.co.uk/

I recently had cause to purchase 3 of the same item from them. When my package arrived, I found there was only 1 of that item in it. Trouble. I can't prove to them that they've only sent 1. I could be trying to diddle them if I wrote to them pointing out they'd only sent 1.

What to do?

I wrote to them and pointed out they'd only sent 1. Next day they responded full of apologies, and are going to send me the other 2.

They could have argued the toss, they didn't, so I'm recommending them to TSR.

Excellent!

Must put in an order and tell them they've made a mistake then I can diddle.... Oh sorry that's not what you meant :oops:

Seriously though the service I've had from shaving related retailers has been far superior than other kinds of retailer. I guess that those that don't provide it don't survive but its been a pleasant surprise.

Jeltz said:
Excellent!

Must put in an order and tell them they've made a mistake then I can diddle.... Oh sorry that's not what you meant :oops:

Seriously though the service I've had from shaving related retailers has been far superior than other kinds of retailer. I guess that those that don't provide it don't survive but its been a pleasant surprise.

I totally agree with you there. Since starting this DE lark and compulsive purchase disorder, I can honestly say that the few times I’ve had a problem with a purchase/product, the response from the seller or supplier has been second to none.

I've used Mankind a few times. Every time, the transaction has been perfect and every order I've received has had some free samples in it.

Before I discovered DE, when I embarked on this whole male grooming journey, Mankind.co.uk was my enabler.

Through them I discovered Trumpers and Merkur, and bought my first DE from them. A great site, good service, and they're quite good with the samples also.

Don't use them much these days now my tastes are more old skool and they cater for the higher end of the market. I still like to browse from time to time. In fact I'm off there now. :roll:

Got an email from mankind today.

Offering a Free Mach 3 with any order over £30

They have travelled back in time by over a decade! :lol:

I think the retailers specializing in the whole shave business know that this is a tight community, not necessarily one single forum, but all of them combined.
Everyone talks to everyone, a bad rap is easily obtained, and hard to get rid of.

I don't think anyone here is going to buy from some unknown retailer, just because it's 20-30p cheaper, unlike "the masses" for other consumer products.
Nor would anyone buy from a retailer who's shafted a couple of our fellow members, right?

Strategically speaking, this is their only viable option, good feedback is worth a hell of a lot, a happy customer can generate a lot of sales.
An unhappy customer can cost you your business. The ROI is simple maths.

A few of our "favorite" vendors are on this forum, and probably on some other forums, a a vendor this makes sense, it gives you a direct contact with your market.
(and potential customers) It also allows you to "monitor" to some extent the feedback people are giving. If you are genuine and sincere, you can gain a lot.
(ideas/customers/marketing etc..)

The global market for this stuff is not big, but it's a "luxury" market, and therefore you have to take good care of those that feed you.

I'll have a look at these guys, see what postage to France is like ;)

Cheers,

FB.

FrenchBlade said:
I'll have a look at these guys, see what postage to France is like ;)

It's like this guy carrying a parcel, but that's not important right now.

Onion+Johnny.jpg

France £4.95 (plus more if it's more than 2.5kg)

andyjreid said:
Got an email from mankind today.

Offering a Free Mach 3 with any order over £30

They have travelled back in time by over a decade! :lol:

The Mach 3 is a traditional razor, now.

Ian

cheese_dave said:
I wrote to them and pointed out they'd only sent 1. Next day they responded full of apologies, and are going to send me the other 2.

They could have argued the toss, they didn't, so I'm recommending them to TSR.

As a vendor myself I think this is fairly standard practice. We are responsible until the order arrives successfully with the customer and if it doesn't arrive as expected then we need to send a replacement. Every now and again we make errors when packing orders and if a customer contacts us to tell us the contents are not correct then we need to resolve this. However, we sometimes need to send replacement orders for more unusual circumstances. In the last year we have sent replacements for:

A package that was left behind the wheel of a customers van without leaving a note (clever postman!). When the customer arrived home at night in the dark and wanted to move the van of the drive guess what happened!

A package of shaving cream that was sent to Spain that when it arrived with the customer it had already been opened and used during its time with customs.

A package that was on it's way to the customers door when the postman was robbed whilst doing his rounds.

You are lucky for a while it was the Razorpit that was on offer, infernal cartridge sharpener. If you are on the site look for it and read the comments quite funny and in some way also disturbing.

Sadly my experience has not been so good. I ordered some stuff recently with the offer of free delivery and when checking my credit card statement noticed they charged for the goods one day and charged again for express delivery the next day. I have sent two messages querying this now, the first was over a week ago but they haven't bothered to acknowledge them let alone deal with the issue. The cost to me is not huge but in acting this way they have lost a customer.

CMOT said:
Sadly my experience has not been so good. I ordered some stuff recently with the offer of free delivery and when checking my credit card statement noticed they charged for the goods one day and charged again for express delivery the next day. I have sent two messages querying this now, the first was over a week ago but they haven't bothered to acknowledge them let alone deal with the issue. The cost to me is not huge but in acting this way they have lost a customer.

Was this Mankind? Tell us who it is and they will potentially lose a lot more.

Yes the problem is with Mankind. Sorry should have been more explicit. Still no acknowledgement. Sad really that a minor problem badly handled irritates me and loses them custom and reputation.

Back
Top Bottom