'Mankind' no longer stocking Proraso, but...

Anthony said:
StephenShave said:
'Mankind' no longer stocking Proraso, but...

you can still pick it up online with FREE UK P&P at Shave Lounge. Just placed my order today after the weird decision by Mankind...

Thank you for your order, StephenShave. Don't forget we have the TSR 10% discount code for members of The Shaving Room too:icon_razz:

Oh bugger! Now you tell me LOL Never realised you were a member here. That item I ordered was just a 'test' as I usually order a single item initially to see what a company is like. I'll be back for more very soon...

I thought MK just sold out of Proraso due to the Black Friday/Cyber Monday nonsense, the site is totally drained of Proraso stock!

Shave Lounge is by no means a bad alternative, that's where I've got my Proraso from and its top class. Full marks to Anthony who kindly sorts out samples at short notice, processes orders efficiently and makes sure everything is ok with the customer.

DPTC said:
I thought MK just sold out of Proraso due to the Black Friday/Cyber Monday nonsense, the site is totally drained of Proraso stock!

On asking MK, this is the response I got...

Thank you for getting in touch about purchasing items from the Proraso brand.

I am sorry that you have not been able to place a new order for the products you require.

This is due to the brand no longer being available on site and we will know longer stock these items.

Rock on Shave Lounge!

StephenShave said:
DPTC said:

On asking MK, this is the response I got...

Thank you for getting in touch about purchasing items from the Proraso brand.

I am sorry that you have not been able to place a new order for the products you require.

This is due to the brand no longer being available on site and we will know longer stock these items.

Rock on Shave Lounge!

That's not very helpful, is it? :) Several reasons might have led to this decision. They are not selling very well and also they are quite cheap and the profit is not amazing.

axelk said:
That's not very helpful, is it? :) Several reasons might have led to this decision. They are not selling very well and also they are quite cheap and the profit is not amazing.

Having been in 'retail' for a few decades, I can confirm that there is every reason to carry items on which the profit may not be that big. Especially if it's a 'basic' product, folk tend to purchase, whilst at the same time browsing and being tempted to something a bit more expensive. Classic case of why supermarkets put milk at the back of a shop - it's a basic, and folk have to walk passed alot of potential stuff to get to it LOL

StephenShave said:
axelk said:

Having been in 'retail' for a few decades, I can confirm that there is every reason to carry items on which the profit may not be that big. Especially if it's a 'basic' product, folk tend to purchase, whilst at the same time browsing and being tempted to something a bit more expensive. Classic case of why supermarkets put milk at the back of a shop - it's a basic, and folk have to walk passed alot of potential stuff to get to it LOL

Totally agree! I was just thinking of a reason.

Back
Top Bottom