Mama Bear Soap;Elements of Bamboo

Good evening to all
Bit quiet on here tonight, so I thought I would review this, courtesy of a very generous Pigcat.
This was my first encounter with Mama Bear soap, after all the drama and dummies getting thrown out of prams I really wanted to like this, Do you know what, I do. This stuff is brilliant. As far as I'm concerned it's up there with Tabac! Heresy for our tallow fiends, but there you go. I'm led to believe the range of soaps perform exactly the same, only the fragrances change. I am not as hung up on smells as some of the other members, I believe performance first, the rest of the properties second, and by a long chalk. The packaging is good and functional. I know the 'twee factor' of the labelling annoys some, but it is a diffrent culture, and bears do feature strongly in American culture. I thought the smell would be a bit insipid. It isn't the strongest smell, but when it is warmed up I think I can get a hint of ginger amongst others. What does bamboo smell like anyway, and what do pandas know? When I hit it with my brush I thought it wasn't picking up much, boy was I wrong! Face lathered and enough for 3-4 good passes easy. Slick, thick, cushioning(?) lather. What else can you ask for. If I could get it at the market price, minus shipping charges, it would be the soap for me.

Regards

That's a relief. In pursuit of my Phd in shavology I ordered the unscented MB soap for £10.13 inc shipping. And I also agree that performance is all just as long as a scent is not entirely unacceptable. It's why I think I would feel comfortable with an unscented soap.

Fido, I totally agree. The fragrance is a bonus, when reviewers dump soaps & creams solely because of the pong I always think "Wash it off you silly bugger, put some A/S on". The smells fade quickly anyway. Note to all, any quality creams / soaps you cannot bear 'cos of fragrance, The Gannet squad await :hungrig

Regards

rangers62 said:
If I could get it at the market price, minus shipping charges, it would be the soap for me.

Totally. I love the stuff, but I can't justify the cost, once you factor in shipping and (heaven forbid) customs charges.

Traditional Shaving used to carry some scents but the price again put me off. A shame, it's awesome soap.

John

Sounds quite good, as you say there are many soaps out there just a shame that this particular one costs too much with the shipping. The top performers are very close and you are only looking at minor differences. I also am not too fussed by the scent, as long as it is not repulsive it doesn't last long anyway.

Not going to go out my way to get it but if I did see it going for a song I'd maybe buy it to try it.

Mamabears is consistantly the best performing glycerin based soap there is - end of

and as Russel says it's also up there with the big tallow performers

just pick your scent and your away

Aged Spice (Shulton Old Spice)
Brut
Green Irish Tweed
Dragons Tears

all very good

So far I've tried: Rosemary Mint (awesome), Cocoa (great for novelty value, when you're in the mood), and Dragon's Blood.

Dragon's Blood is my least favourite (scent only, performance is top notch with all) . I'll probably post in on the BST soon! Some folks love it though.

I will definitely order more at some point, too many awesome sounding scents to try!

Well worth a go if you haven't already - its performance is unlike any other soap I've tried.

John

I reckon you could get about 40 bars in this minimum
Priority Mail® International
Max. length 42", max. length plus girth combined 79
for $37.25 or a couple of $ less if paid online.
Sue at Mama Bears seems a very reasonable person, so I'm sure if a group buy was organised, she would be willing to arrange something along those lines. Delivery time 6 - 10 days. So not much per bar to add on to total price.
I may be getting the math wrong, check it out on the USPS site.

Ooops! Just shot myself in the foot!

Back
Top Bottom