Maguires Barbershop

North of the Wall but South of the Frontier.
First let me say, for the absolute avoidance of doubt, I have no personal nor professional connections with this company other than as a customer.

It's a grooming forum so I'm going to review my haircut of this afternoon.

I called in to Maguires a couple of Saturdays ago to pick up some (er, 400ml actually) Proraso AS and I was struck by the look of the place. I resolved to have my head sharpened there, the next time it was needed; that time was this afternoon.

The place itself is well appointed with top quality sporting ephemera from years gone by and the almost obligatory signed NUFC shirt.

I had to wait about 20 minutes for a couple of customers and frankly I'm not used to watching a haircut take so long - couple that with parking in a 'zone' and I was getting itchy feet, but no it had to be done.

Into the chair (really old fashioned, extremely comfortable) and away we go. The haircut did take a while but it wasn't a while wasted. Number four back and sides, trim to the top and my goodness it was precise. It was finished with a wet (straight) shave to the back of my neck; Proraso soap & ASB.

The barber (Ian) was excellent throughout; good quality men talk! No sick/smutty jokes or holiday questions...phew. I'm not used to this in the NE.

Overall impression - terrific! I'll certainly be back. I'd recommend it to any of the NE based members.

A real stand out and positive end to a long day. Delighted.

:icon_razz:

I have made a few purchases via Ebay from Maguires. In fact just before reading this I have just purchased some 3P Shave Cream.

I have found them to to be very quick to dispatch orders and they pack everything very well. Well worth purchasing from.

Well I did go back and I was impressed yet again...I was under the blades of Victoria today and she was equally as attentive and skilled as Ian. Same drill and techniques; marvellous!!

The key to quality is consistency and - as a professional, albeit this post is in a personal capacity - I'm both very pleased and convinced.

:icon_razz:

I've also bought on-line from Maguires and I found them to be extremely helpful, knowledgeable, and prompt in their service. Shame they are not handy for me - I could use a short back and sides.

for a shave and a no1 ( skinhead ) its about £15 to £16 for a normal haircut it will be a bit more
last time i was in ian gave me a nice shave and haircut ,my friend had a shave of victoria who was still training so it was a freebie
really nice decour aand the staff are top notch
ian also runs a training course for learning how to shave people with a cut throat
i think you can also buy gift vouchers
all in all a great way to spend a couple of hours on a bit pampering

Tempting.
He's not likely to start talking football, is he? :icon_cry2:
I used to travel past those shops on Newton road regularly when I lived in Newcastle but I don't recall the barbershop. I'm guessing it's fairly new.

Back
Top Bottom