Maguires Barbershop Problem?

I have used Maguires Barbershop Ebay store many times and never had a problem and find they have very quick dispatch. I ordered over £40 worth of items from them on Bank Holiday Monday afternoon, it being a bank holiday I accept that order will not process till Tuesday and with backlog of orders dispatch would be a bit slower but it is Friday and still not been dispatched. I have contacted Maguires via ebay message twice and had no response and have also emailed the babershops own email address but still no response.

I am starting to worry that something is wrong with the order, money has been taken but nothing is happening and communication is a dissapointment.

Anyone else waiting for items or had similar trouble? Again I will point out I have shopped many times with maguire and have found them very reliable.

All the items I ordered were and still are in stock so not sure why dispatch is taking so long.

Jonathan (of Maguire's) posts here, but I'm sure he'd be first to say "call me if there's a problem".

Maguire's Barber
176 Newton Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE7 7HP

0191 281 8676

Given the time of year, I'm wondering if it's as simple as the person that normally deals with the eBay orders is on holiday?

i believe he may be away.....i ordered a Fatip which arrived very quick last week

dont worry...it wil get sorted....

Have rang but was given another number for sales but had to leave a message. If on holiday they should set status on ebay as away and that orders will be delayed. No notes to say expect delays when ordering. Getting a bit annoyed now.

I had a problem with them a couple of months ago, I was sent the wrong order and tried to get it corrected. I knew he was a member on here so I gave them more time than I would usually. After leaving a number of messages and contacting the barber shop I eventually got a response - the correct item - and some samples - and return postage. The explanation was that he'd been on holiday and the person left in charge had been found wanting.
As above I've ordered from them before with no problems and Jonathan when finally in touch was sound but if I hadn't known him to be a man of good character I wouldn't have waited so long for a resolution.

this was sent to me dated 27 August when i was going to pick my fatip up at the shop...

Yes, no problem. We also operate out of a shop in Newcastle. However we are going away on a holiday tomorrow am for just over one week so it would need to be organised before then as we do not stock Fatip in the barbershop.

Regards

Jonathan
MAGUIRE'S Barbershop
0191 2818676

hope it sheds a bit more light

i've exactly the same problem.

otdered a semogue owners club brush at the end of last week, no reply to ebay messages.

emailed there direct 'normal' email yesterday and got a reply simply stating they would get back to me tomorrow. guessing he's been away and not put it on ebay, still its the first time ive used them and it'll probabily be the last.

Always had great service, however if you look at the negative and neutral feedback on ebay, its frequently the same problem.
Holidays = slow delivery.

They have recieved negative reviews in the past about it, so would've thought that Jonathon would've done something to prevent it happening again. But alas not.
Rest assured though, the stuff is undoubtably coming. It just may be a longer wait than anticipated.

Just ordered a replacement bottle of Ogalalla bay rum L+P from Maguires, we'll see how long it takes but they've been good in the past. Anyway it's not like I have a choice of supplier for that particular aftershave!

Had an email from Jonathon at maguires today, they implemented new management software and it's not quite working properly.

I was assured my item would be dispatched tomorrow with a healthy sample selection, hopefully that's the problems put to bed.

Ids said:
Had an email from Jonathon at maguires today, they implemented new management software and it's not quite working properly.

I was assured my item would be dispatched tomorrow with a healthy sample selection, hopefully that's the problems put to bed.

I have received no response at all, hope to hear something soon.

My items have been dispatched now, I am however very dissapointed with the communication from his ebay store and the barbershops email. No response to any messages and staff at barbershop told me to ring the sales office knowing that no one was there, a shame because they have been very reliable in the past.

Gigahurtz said:
My items have been dispatched now, I am however very dissapointed with the communication from his ebay store and the barbershops email. No response to any messages and staff at barbershop told me to ring the sales office knowing that no one was there, a shame because they have been very reliable in the past.

All we can do is be honest in the feedback. It'll be interested if you get a 'healthy' sample selection as well?

When I spoke to Jonathon via email I did invite him to explain on here as a few TSR members had been let down...

Back
Top Bottom