Lucky run

Hiya,

I do a fair bit of traveling within the Chicago area and suburbs, and there's a few antique stores I'll stop in when I'm nearby. Most times I'll end up with nothing, but you just never know. Heh, by now the store owners all know exactly what to show me when I show up. Usually though, they are a bit sad because they got zilch. I always ask for Old Spice SS, but have never had that sorta luck. Heh, years ago I did manage to buy an unused bowl of Yardley for a good price, but that was rare.

This last week or so I found a few things at two different stores. These are all a bit different than what I normally run into, and I was forced to buy em. Yeah, I knew I'd have terrible non buyers remorse if I didn't grab em all. Plus, there was one razor I'd never actually seen in person before. I mean hell, I had no choice but to take them as additions to the arsenal.

Price turned out to be good. I say that because you never know till you clean something up if everything's as it should be. It's a sorta crapshoot, and sometimes I end up with something that's wrong in some way or another.

The four razors are a 1941 Ranger Tech, a no notch 1946-47Aristocrat, 1962 Red Tip, and the elusive champagne handle Lady Gillette. It's the first I've owned in that color. The Ranger is in better than average condition, and all the rest turned out to be in excellent shape. I was hoping the spotting on the Aristo head would be removable,and it cleaned up like new. Looks like it was maybe used twice, and the blade holder is very clean.

The red tip has no paint missing. Now that is an odd thing, having seen many of those over the years. The case top is a little cloudy but the inside shines like crazy. It was nice finding the cases for the Aristo and Ranger.

Yeah, this was a lucky recent run. I hope you enjoy the pics, poor as they are.

Attachments

• recent lucky finds 004.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 92
  • recent lucky finds 003.jpg
  • recent lucky finds 001.jpg
moodymick said:
Mmmm......Ranger Tech :hungrig

Hi there,

I can't say why this razor fits me as well as it does. It's similar in many ways to the later super speed types that came after, but it's also different somehow. This is the only super speed in my rotation. Have you tried one of these before?

I actually have another Ranger I've been using for a few years now, so this latest one would probably be available for a reasonable price. If that one interests you feel free to use the pm feature.

Martin

Back
Top Bottom