loose tea

Count of Undolpho said:
@Tall Paul As a digression, I managed to get hold of some of the Twinings Keemun tea bags and they are very good. They also do Yunnan bags which are also delicious.

I'll have to try the Yunnan ones. Glad you like the Keemun ones, I think they're lovely too.

I notice Twinings does Keemun loose leaf so I shall be ordering some of that shortly.

Anyway, how about a TOTD section! :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Here's mine for today.

IMAG0306.jpg

Le Creuset teapot
Sidney the sheep tea cosy
Bewleys Irish Breakfast tea

Not sure what sort of tea you incline to, but I am like the stronger, maltier teas. My favourite loose tea assam tips and I get it from Cardews in Oxford. As far as I can tell it is a really good price (£4.00 / 250gm). Lovely large leaves that I brew in a Swiss Gold tea infuser, two tea scoops does it for me. Always warm the cup, use freshly drawn (preferably filtered) water. Milk last. Delicious.

After a fine shave, the perfect start to any day.

I only ever drink tea, and always the correct way brewed in a teapot, and my personal favourite would have to be Numalighur Tippy Assam 2nd flush, but for an everyday flavoursome tea good old Yorkshire gold will take some beating, but the Tippy Assam is on another level.
http://shop.twinings.co.uk/shop/numalighur-finest-2nd-flush-assam-black-tea.html
http://www.bettys.co.uk/Speciality-Teas,107.aspx

Jamie

I have to say I think Chinese teas are my favourite of the few I've tried (though I do like the Whittard Russian Caravan I'm supping at the moment).

I've got the following in my cupboard to try:

Whittard Pu-Erh
Yunnan from the local coffee roaster (Costa Rica Plantation Company) in Torquay

Tall_Paul said:
Count of Undolpho said:
@Tall Paul As a digression, I managed to get hold of some of the Twinings Keemun tea bags and they are very good. They also do Yunnan bags which are also delicious.

I'll have to try the Yunnan ones. Glad you like the Keemun ones, I think they're lovely too.

I notice Twinings does Keemun loose leaf so I shall be ordering some of that shortly.

Anyway, how about a TOTD section! :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Here's mine for today.

IMAG0306.jpg

Le Creuset teapot
Sidney the sheep tea cosy
Bewleys Irish Breakfast tea

Eee, how comes I didn't notice that there post. That's some darn lovely tea you've got there. Bewley's Irish Breakfast, mmmmmmmmm!

Taylor's Yorkshire Gold in a Cornishware teapot is lovely - I used to do the same before I became a Ringtons customer. Broke the ruddy teapot though. :icon_cry2:

Jamie, that sounds like some brew mate!

Back
Top Bottom