Looking for some info

TeP

Can one of our knowledgeable ones help out. As you will know a few of our members use coloured 'O' rings to seal the Rubberset 3-4s once tidied up.

I'm looking for the address where I can buy different sizes of these rings. I can find 'O' rings all over T'net but not coloured and in the smaller quantities I'm looking for.

Thanks guy's all help is greatly appreciated.

None starter!

Have found out that there are only one or two colours and the colour is dependent on the material the O ring is made from. You can get Blue, Red, White, and of course Black, but not easily in small quantities of differing sizes.

So I will be sticking with Black for this project. Plenty of them around, ;).

You don't really need them as they don't act as seals - more for decorative purposes. I was lucky to get a couple gifted to me but they tend to squash out of shape - which means you can't tighten them as much as you'd want, which actually encourages more water into the threads. If I were you I'd spray something on the threads (WD40 or the like) and check every few months. That applies whether you use the O rings or not.

Thanks for that Rob, I don't want them for the Rubberset brushes. I'm putting together a couple of combination barber brushes using acrylic/aluminium and wood. I will try to get them to screw together so was thinking that a seal would help with the wood. I can use black rings but I feel I would have to embed them out of sight, really just for the aesthetics of the brushes.

As you say, if they become misshapen then it would defeat the purpose I have in mind.

I must add a PS. IF I can find the time, I was told once it would be great when you retired. Someone is messing with my clocks, there just ain't enough hours in a day. :rolleyes:;)

Back
Top Bottom