Look at all the pretty colours … (Proraso)

Admittedly, I have spent far too much time amassing stuff and creating variables, which means that me research is flawed/poor and so I’m hoping that the collective wisdom can help.

As the weather Cools and I’m enjoying my more aggressive 6c I’m noticing that my Nivea sensitive pro balm followed by Cerave spf 15 is leaving my skin feeling a little dry.

The problem I have is that my Rosacea limits my ability to have a heavier moisturiser and so I’m looking to my shave cream to ‘do more’

i currently have green and blue Proraso cream and balm (but all 4 pre shave) and I’m wondering whether the other colours may suit better.

Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Admittedly, I have spent far too much time amassing stuff and creating variables, which means that me research is flawed/poor and so I’m hoping that the collective wisdom can help.

As the weather Cools and I’m enjoying my more aggressive 6c I’m noticing that my Nivea sensitive pro balm followed by Cerave spf 15 is leaving my skin feeling a little dry.

The problem I have is that my Rosacea limits my ability to have a heavier moisturiser and so I’m looking to my shave cream to ‘do more’

i currently have green and blue Proraso cream and balm (but all 4 pre shave) and I’m wondering whether the other colours may suit better.

Or am I barking up the wrong tree?
The white is for sensitive skin or so I believe. :)

Paul.

My bad ! :)

Paul.

It's a funny one that, I myself never would have thought the sensitive versions to be worse than their counterparts for irritation! But every one's skin is different. If I was looking for a soap that was good for sensitive skin and didn't dry my skin I would recommend them Mitchell's Wool Fat, but it works for my skin but others might react to the lanolin (or other ingredients) in it.

It's a funny one that, I myself never would have thought the sensitive versions to be worse than their counterparts for irritation! But every one's skin is different. If I was looking for a soap that was good for sensitive skin and didn't dry my skin I would recommend them Mitchell's Wool Fat, but it works for my skin but others might react to the lanolin (or other ingredients) in it.
Just kidding mate but your right, we can all react differently to any skin product.

Paul.

I use the white and fine. That's no recommendation.
I can have a reaction to alcohol ( drink) sometimes with my skin but what I find is when something triggers skin trouble, many of the products that I normally use OK start to play me up which can make things confusing. I have a real problem with toothpaste of all things

I don’t want to come on here & slate any product particularly one that’s been around longer than me
Just lol but personally if i had a skin condition i wouldn’t be using Proraso and i like it so it’s not a criticism i just think there’s far better out there albeit more expensive.
Perhaps a Scentless cream or soap would be better.
My wife had Rosacea for years and still gets it now & again but no where near what it was.
As for Balms i’m fairly Sure Barts Balms are for sensitive skin but drop the guy an email just to be save

You may want to look at Signature Soaps Capra unscented goats milk soap, it's very easy on problem skin, I love it! :)
Edit: I can send you a sample if you wish.

Paul.

Hi

In using one of the Capra soaps at the mo which is great but now it’s getting colder and I’m using a more effective razor my skin feels more ‘exposed’ because, due to Rosacea, I can’t use a heavy winter moisturiser that I might have done previously.

Currently using Cerave spf which is pretty light and so great for the summer, but starting to feel lacking. Due to Rosacea I can’t pile a load of products in and so I’m trying to find a shaving cream that adds moisturiser.

if I leave the house having not shaved then the Cerave is good enough

Hi

In using one of the Capra soaps at the mo which is great but now it’s getting colder and I’m using a more effective razor my skin feels more ‘exposed’ because, due to Rosacea, I can’t use a heavy winter moisturiser that I might have done previously.

Currently using Cerave spf which is pretty light and so great for the summer, but starting to feel lacking. Due to Rosacea I can’t pile a load of products in and so I’m trying to find a shaving cream that adds moisturiser.

if I leave the house having not shaved then the Cerave is good enough
Yes it's a tricky one, I hope you can find a shaving soap or cream that works for you.

Paul

Reactions: PHR
many of the products that I normally use OK start to play me up which can make things confusing.
Yes, unhelpfully topical skin sensitivity can do this. It isn't always a simple on/off - allergic or not allergic reaction. You can be a little sensitive to an ingredient but nothing shows until say, you use it five times in a row and it builds to a level that will provoke irritation. As you say, confusing. - I.

Back
Top Bottom