Longest Lasting EdT, EdC, AS etc.

DevonStan said:
Then I have distinctly defective chemistry :)

Same here Stan, some A/Ss like 4711 don't make it
from the bathroom to the living room
Its a PITA and I usually take the a sample of or the scent
I'm wearing out with me on the weekend, hidden in an
inside pocket.
With an awkward bottle like Encre Noir, which is one of the few that
lasts on me, I take something that layers well with it.
X-bolt from Lidl works well.

2 tips that can work but dont expect a massive difference,
wet the area or use a little oil before spraying on the EDT.
Also, if you can find fragrance oils of the EDT they tend to
last longer.

Rightly or wrongly I've ordered
Yardley Citrus and Wood
Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve from Amazon.

Tomorrow I'll order
Issey Miyake L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme Eau de Toilette Spray 125ml
Thierry Mugler A*Men EDT from AllBeauty

And hope they might last a while on me.

Thanks to various contributors who advised (and led me to give the card a bit more of a pasting).

I hesitate to mention a fragrance I wouldn't wear myself DStan, however on my skin the original Joop turns heads veritable yards away ! Whether you truly desire to smell like a piece of 1960s bubble gum is of course another matter entirely, so try before you buy ...

JohnnyO. :icon_razz:/.

Thanks again for all the suggestions.

There are a couple on the way to me and mental notes taken on other names mentioned.

I usually sit in the car with a book while the Mrs goes to the "big" shops in Exeter. Maybe I should get parked up properly and pop into John Lewis or wherever else it is you can try these things. I've done it in the past and come out smelling like a trollop and got arrested for loitering with intent.

They both turned up yesterday.

Thierry Mugler A*Men 110ml EDT spray

Issey Miyake L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme EDT Spray 125ml

To be sure, with the A*Men, I've found something that lasts (on me, at least). Distinctly unusual smell which I have no intention trying to describe in the florid and outrageous terms I see on the reviews. BUT fortunately I really like it and I think it'll be a firm fave along with one or two other long standing smellies (primarily Aramis, Kouros, Eau Savage, Agua de Colonia Concentrada and, possibly Aaron Aromatics Driftwood (which Executive have now stopped selling, it seems).

The other Issey one (with a name I'll never remember), is passed to the wife. She likes it..I think it's OK. So we're all happy.

I admit I would very much like to have sniff of the 'Kiehls Musk' (thanks Nishy).... but can't see it available to try locally. Next time I go to Exeter or Plymouth I'll def. give it a go.

So, for me the search is prob over, given that I could go on for ever and must admit that most of the ones I try don't go down too well and it's tricky to try too many in Boots as more than two tests and it's all mixed into one and smells dreadful. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Point taken there...but I wasn't that struck on the Issey hence donating it to the Mrs. I can see I didn't make that very clear above and have gone back to clarify it a bit...Sorry 'bout that. Appreciate the suggestion though....am always willing to learn.

EDIT...we both love the Yardley Citrus and Wood...great suggestion - thanks.

DamianJ said:
Surprised you don't like the Issey Miyake, I found it very woody and it's one of my favourites. The Yardley sounds good though.

The Mrs. is none too pleased with you, Damien.

She had been gifted the Issey yesterday, but today there is some doubt regarding its ownership.

I admit I'd mixed a few different smells whilst trying them out, and discounted it straight away as I fell in love with the A*Men and thought the Issey was a bit too lady-like.

But, you've encouraged me to give it another go and she now sees it slipping from her grasp.

So, watch yer back, mate.

Back
Top Bottom