London

London.

I'll be there next three days, staying at the Cumberland Hotel, Great Cumberland Place. I'll be in meetings Tue and Thu, but will have most of Wed off. Any shaving-related destinations I should visit, preferably at walking distance?

Henk

Treat yourself to an amble along Jermyn St. (not forgetting to tip your hat to the statue of Beau Brummell) and then turn left along St James's St.
And don't bring your credit card!

Great location to stay in Henk between Hyde Park and Regents park, doubt you’ll have time to have a stroll around them if you’ve only got one free day.

Come out of the hotel and head down to Marble Arch, cross over to Oxford Street and head down to Oxford Circus. Bypassing New Bond Street (temptation if your good wife is with you).

Turn down Regent Street, stay on the right hand side of the road (Hamleys) on the left. Pop into the National Geographic store/museam/interesting, before hitting LOccitane, Crabtree & Evelyn, Molton Brown and Penhaligons.

Your nearly at Piccadilly Circus now, cross over you’ll see the big Waterstones book shop down to your right but you’re going to continue over the mayhem (crossing) still on Regents Street and take your next right.

Jermyn Street, enjoy the ride.

The young gents in Taylors may at first seem a little “on your shoulder”, tell them you’re just having a look around and have a chat with them, they’re really very nice chaps.. :shave

Enjoy your stay hope you have fun. :hungrig

Thanks all. I'll take a gentlemanly steoll tomorrow morning - even if I absolutely don't look the part...

Well, got some Penhaligon's English Fern soap, a bowl of Taylors 'Exclusive' shaving cream, and a cake of Trumper's Eucris shaving soap. Wasn't too impressed with either Crabtree & Evelyn or l'Occitane. Also got some Godiva chocolate, and popped into Waterstones. And into the Apple store you failed to mention ;-)

Back
Top Bottom