Logan Botanic Garden

I have often wanted to visit this garden, but never got around to it. I know that it is a long way away, but it is not that far from my in-laws so when my family and I were down visiting them in October of this year I decided to pop over there.

The weather in October was very wet, but luckily the day I went over there it was mainly sunny. I am not sure how busy it can get in the summer, but when I was there I only saw 2 other people in the garden and it felt like I had the whole place to myself, it was great!

I first went into the walled garden where they have what are believed to be possibly the largest Cordylines on the UK mainland.

DSCF2002a.jpg

I then found this rather interesting looking Magnolia

DSCF2003a.jpg

It had some very peculiar looking seed pods on it

DSCF2004a.jpg

They had some lovely big old large-leaved Rhododendron (I always read that these like shade, but these were in the sun)

DSCF2007a.jpg

Great looking plants if you have the room

DSCF2008a.jpg

DSCF2009a.jpg

The first very healthy looking Cordyline indivisa I saw in the garden

DSCF2015a.jpg

I am not sure what this tree is, but it looked great!

DSCF2019a.jpg

A very healthy looking Blechnum cycadifolium

DSCF2026a.jpg

The second indivisa...

DSCF2030a.jpg

There were plenty of Dicksonia antarctica in the garden, although I did notice that quite a few of them had not come back

DSCF2032a.jpg

Another big, old DA

DSCF2035a.jpg

The Gunnera bog, the trees in the background act as a wind break and you can see why it is so sheltered in the garden itself when you think this is looking due west

DSCF2036a.jpg

This is looking back into the walled garden

DSCF2042a.jpg

I am pleased that I made the effort to go over to the garden and I still find it hard to get my head around the fact that it is in Scotland!

Don't believe that is in Scotland. I require pics of you holding a loaf of bread in the garden or it didn't happen :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, I had heard of this garden before but never visited, lit ooks like you knocked it off getting a sunny day. Some really odd and exotic looking plants in those shots.

Back
Top Bottom