L'Occitane Bowl

WHAT IS IT, AND WHAT DOES IT DO?
L'Occitane Bowl

It is a shaving bowl, designed to hold a puck of soap for lathering. A simple item.

DESCRIPTION:
This is an aluminium bowl, complete with a L'Occitane branded lid. It is well made, as with everything L'Occitane, and comes very well presented in their instantly recognisable branding. The lid is a good fit to the base of the bowl, and it fits nicely in the hand for lathering the soap you choose to put in. L'Occitane USED to make a puck of soap for the bowl in the Cade range, but sadly this is discontinued by head office.

20160325_074548.jpg

20160325_074606.jpg

20160325_074624.jpg

There isn't an awful lot more I can say to describe the bowl, so I will show you some pictures. You'll note a second bowl in some of the photos. This was a very early bowl of theirs, that suffered with corrosion of the aluminium. This is a very special to me bowl, and will never be thrown away. I'll explain that one and the reason for the purchase of a new bowl in the conclusive comments.

20160325_074658.jpg

20160325_074748.jpg

20160325_074756.jpg

Side by side with the original L'Occitane bowl:
20160325_074919.jpg

Note the increase in size:
20160325_074927.jpg

New versus Old:
20160325_074945.jpg

CONCLUSIVE COMMENTS:
Ordinarily I would not have sought out this particular bowl. This isn't because it is a bad bowl (far from it), it's just that for my £20, I would prefer a hand made ceramic bowl that I can lather in as opposed to just storing a soap and lathering on the puck. The reason I purchased another of the L'Occitane bowls is simple. The original bowl I have was left to me by my dad when he died. He used it with the Cade soap daily, and sadly, the early bowls as you can see suffered greatly with corrosion issues. I wanted to use the bowl, but it would render all soaps useless due to contamination, so I purchased another that I can use daily, and keep the one left to me as a display piece, keeping little trinkets inside. I've yet to purchase a puck to put in the bowl, as I'd hoped to have used the Cade, but that is discontinued. Who knows, L'Occitane may see sense and reinstate it, but for now, it will likely hold another soap that my dad used on a regular basis (Wilkinson Sword Blue Bowl).

So there it is. Not so much a review, more a comparison between old and new. It does the job well as a bowl, it holds the soap safe and secure, what more could you ask for?

Visited a Store recently , they have loads of Bowls. Salesgirl seems to think they may be doing a new formula soap.
Interesting. The sales ladies I spoke to in my local boutique said that they had been inundated with requests for the soap, only for the head office in France to advise it is definitely gone. If they are producing a new formula that would be good. It was suggested I voice any request for the decision to be reversed to the head office, as many people have already done so apparently.

That was a touching piece Nick, I like the way that you have something linking this interest to your late father.

I have visited a few L'Occitane shops since the announcement has been made, and have seen the Cade soap still on display. If I see one on my travels in the future would you like me to get you one?

That was a touching piece Nick, I like the way that you have something linking this interest to your late father.

I have visited a few L'Occitane shops since the announcement has been made, and have seen the Cade soap still on display. If I see one on my travels in the future would you like me to get you one?
@Scowley that would be fantastic if you could my man :) Let me know when you do and I'll sort the funds for you :)

I have loaded the bowl with my dads puck of Wilkinson Sword ready for tomorrow in the mean time :)

I tried a local pharmacy that has a few shaving brands including L'Occitane. Plenty of balms and creams but no soap. Don't worry this is only the beginning I've a few cards up my sleeve to play yet my friend ;)

Visited a friend today and thought I would check if a boutique type shop that has a L'Occitane display had any soap. Unfortunately it didn't.

Still have a couple of cards up my sleeve though.

Try Cheshire Oaks. I was in there the other day and they had a puck on display. If I'd seen this earlier I'd have picked it up for you. Hope you manage to get it!

Back
Top Bottom