Lecoultre Straight

I've been on a Frameback acquisition - this one is a Jaques Lecoultre which I've put in a swirly resin that is reminiscent of a Paisley pattern - well the colours anyway. The wedge is nickel silver - the end result looks nice but it's pretty difficult to work with.
This type of frameback has a removable blade - I assume they originally came with several and you changed blades as necessary. Easier for travel I suppose.

IMG_0896.jpg

IMG_0895.jpg

IMG_0901.jpg

IMG_0898.jpg

IMG_0899.jpg

IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0904.jpg

Tall_Paul said:
Is that the one you got from me, Rob? It looks great!
Hi Paul. This one came via Ebay from Italy so I assume it can't be yours. I didn't know of any that are/were available from you. What have you been selling by way of interest?

UKRob said:
Tall_Paul said:
Is that the one you got from me, Rob? It looks great!
Hi Paul. This one came via Ebay from Italy so I assume it can't be yours. I didn't know of any that are/were available from you. What have you been selling by way of interest?

Ah, my mistake! Couldn't remember who purchased mine, but it was Ian I think.

I sold the same razor as that, but with blue scales.

I've got one of those. It's the only straight (apart from the Feather AC) that I still own. Yes, it is the one from Tall_Paul.

I have read that they came with a 7 blade set, and a little screwdriver for blade changing.

I'd be interested to know how you honed it. The one I had from Paul has NO hone wear on the spine, so I assume that either the spine was taped, or it may have been honed/sharpened in a different way?

Ian

Here we go.

Just 4 blades with that one, so maybe I was wrong.

Ian

IanM said:
I've got one of those. It's the only straight (apart from the Feather AC) that I still own. Yes, it is the one from Tall_Paul.

I have read that they came with a 7 blade set, and a little screwdriver for blade changing.

I'd be interested to know how you honed it. The one I had from Paul has NO hone wear on the spine, so I assume that either the spine was taped, or it may have been honed/sharpened in a different way?

Ian

Here we go.

Ian

That's a similar razor and box - I assume the box has a separate compartment for the spare blades - like mine.

Regarding honing, I taped with a single piece and used a kind of rolling cross pattern to avoid getting a wide bevel at the toe end. As yet I've still not tried it out - I started taking blood thinning tablets a few days ago and find that even the slightest nick bleeds profusely - I'm going back to cartridges until the problem is fixed.

Wishing you a speedy recovery Rob, If there's anything I can help you with you now where I am.

Jamie

UKRob said:
IanM said:

Ian

Here we go.

Ian

That's a similar razor and box - I assume the box has a separate compartment for the spare blades - like mine.

Regarding honing, I taped with a single piece and used a kind of rolling cross pattern to avoid getting a wide bevel at the toe end. As yet I've still not tried it out - I started taking blood thinning tablets a few days ago and find that even the slightest nick bleeds profusely - I'm going back to cartridges until the problem is fixed.

Back
Top Bottom