Lather Catchers

It's my birthday ... It's my birthday ...

I bought these a couple of months ago, but upon arrival the cats pawed over the shiny things and insisted that they were put away until my special day. Oh, okay! I mean, who can argue with a cat?

Last night, there was some shuffling, shrugging and sheepishness. With the death of my dear old Fox, it would appear that he took the secret of their location with him. The remaining two old and young turned out their pockets, sniffed around and generally came up blank ... I found out what was going on and started to get worried.

Little boy sat in a trance-like state for a few minutes, channelling his former mentor and right then and there walked over to a box, sniffed and there they were! Phew!

IMG_6478.JPG

IMG_6477.JPG

IMG_6475.JPG

IMG_6481.JPG

IMG_6480.JPG

IMG_6479.JPG

An 1880 Kampfe and a 1904 Comfort.

The Kampfe takes wedges, which I am sourcing some decent examples, but the Comfort will take a GEM blade. That's my shave for today ...

Happy Birthday!! [attachment=11362]
Nice selections, enjoy!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407066611.788552.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407066611.788552.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 33
Well if I was gonna shave with something that uses those rug cutter/paint scraper blades, it would be using a lather catcher of some kind. Those two are great looking examples.

Sadly, I have tried a nice old Ever Ready or Gem Junior version (can't remember which) and it shaved like other SE types.

Happiest birthday Paul,

Martin

Thanks for the idea, Paul. Alas, this one does not have front stops - the blade retention screws provide the "stops", if you like, for thick wedges but I cannot stop them down enough for a flat blade. I'll reserve it for wedges ...

Back
Top Bottom