Last day at work today.

Well its been a quick 5 weeks but today is my last day at the job which has occupied most of my adult life.

Not found anything good to move on to yet but im confident something will come along. In thr last 5 weeks my health has improved greatly.

Still, this job has pretty much been my adult life.

I don't really know how to feel about it all.

andyjreid said:
Well its been a quick 5 weeks but today is my last day at the job which has occupied most of my adult life.

Not found anything good to move on to yet but im confident something will come along. In thr last 5 weeks my health has improved greatly.

Still, this job has pretty much been my adult life.

I don't really know how to feel about it all.

It was a job that you didn't enjoy so be thankful that it's behind you. You owe it nothing, take what you learned from it and apply that to full advantege in the next role.
Good luck in your search.
regards, beejay

yes, good luck and may you get something soonest, it is very important (as is of course that it is the right thing for you this time)
a job hunt is by itself a full-time occupation, beware of that and have patience

the more time one spends without a full time job, while trying to get one, the more his/her morale and self-confidence wears out, gradually - protect yourself well against this
it may not apply to you for a number of reasons, though, but had to say it anyway as a generic precaution
i've gone thru it and I know how hard it is

may you have all the solutions available in your hands (qualifications, networking, etc.) to take you to your new work appointment soonest and with the lowest risk

Andy, 5 weeks already? Meant to drop by and say hello / cheerio. I'll be in Byres Rd. later on today. If you're in I'll say hello. Best of British to you anyway.

Cheers

All the best for the future. I lost my job a year ago after 20 + years.....had a rest and now I'm working in a completely different field and really would not want to turn back the clock. So look to the future ...life has a way of panning out.

Back
Top Bottom