Laser Level

Anyone got a recommendation for a laser level? My daughter has a new house and I'm putting up about a million curtain rails pictures and assorted things that need to be level or on a straight line.

I've been looking at the Bosch Quigo which projects a crosshair onto the wall, at £42 it is double that of a basic manual laser line from various suppliers for around half that.

Anyone tried one of these?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Quigo-Cross-Laser-Level/dp/B00GXAQ2TY/ref=sr_1_2?s=diy&ie=UTF8&qid=1428959422&sr=1-2

Not sure to be honest Tony, the Rotary ones seem like a huge jump in price. I doubt I'd need it for mission critical work like founds just hanging pictures, curtain rails and household stuff.

What does Rotary bring to the party? 360 degree cover without resetting the unit? Was trying to get it under £100 all in.

Seems you've found a decent one for the money. This is a bit crude, cheap and not self-leveling but for the price...

http://www.screwfix.com/p/forge-steel-rotary-laser-level/70201#product_additional_details_container

That's a cracking bargain mind you. Will give it a bit of thought over the day and pick one.

Right now I just need a straight line but the gadget freak in me wants a 360 degree 3 axis self levelling job with a tripod.

Cheers

I thought the tripod might be handy for photography, what are you more likely use again...the Bosch, set up the rotary or pull out a level?

If you don't have a large level/straight edge the Bosch will probably see more use, if you need to transfer a level to an adjacent wall then the rotary might be handy.

I have used a cheapy Black and Decker.
To be honest, any that you buy will do the job.
All I will say, is the house new or old?
As a older property with uneven walls, ceiling or floors, its sometimes better to follow the line of the walls that the actual straight and level.

Cheers guys, it's a mid 70s house but I know what you mean about relative level to the room. All I need for now is a straight laser line which is easy enough apart from the fact you need to stick it to the wall.

I'm doing a whole house with shelves curtain rails and blinds. So even for this job it might be worth while getting something that saves me a load of ball ache worrying about newly plastered walls.

It would just be a big time saver to be able to project that line onto the wall. Levelness is not a problem, I think that Bosch model might just do the trick.

We'll see how I feel when it comes to ponying up the money for it.

Last one to fly the nest (nearly).

Back
Top Bottom