laser blades ??

Blyth Spirit said:
Hands up anyone who will admit to have actually used one of these Wlikinson thingies...or is this mass condemnation just TSR forum groupthink?

I will admit to not having used them. I do love Merkurs though :shock: .

I have sensitive skin - I find Gillettes a little abrasive and seem to get an allergic reaction from Derbys - but these have given me the most painful shave ever.
They honestly felt to me like shaving without any shaving soap/cream. They weren't sharp either. If you've tried Dorco 300 I would say they're about the same performance but with a sandpaper-like quality to your skin.

I wouldn't shave with them again even if they paid me the 39p per 5pack.

Your mileage may vary, but probably not much in this case I dare to suggest

out of the 15 DE blades i have tried so far i rate these the second worst. They were near useless in a superspeed and Tech so i put them in a fatboy dialled it up to 9 and hallelujah the blade worked and it was a nice close finish. But not an enjoyable shave or should that be scrape? I was glad to get some use out of them but I wouldn't want to do it again.

What's the worst blade that i used so far? Derby! but YMMV so if they work for you . . . enjoy! :shave

I have got a pack of Lazer blades for 40p from Wilkinson's. After reading these reviews I'll use them for 1 or 2 shaves then switch. The worst I have come across are Jewel - they were 10p for 10. Good for 1 shave only.

I wish I had read this thread earlier!

I saw them on sale in Loyds Pharmacy for £1.49 and thought I'd try them for the team :)

[attachment=4763][attachment=4764][attachment=4765]

I'll report back.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335292051.844675.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335292051.844675.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 56
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335292072.331587.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335292072.331587.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 52
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335292085.350843.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335292085.350843.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 52
This thread has made me chuckle:D

Reminiscent of the Gold Dollar Straight, to all the guys out there using them...My strop goes out to you:D

P.S. I have a new signature if you don't mind Joe? Classic!

I've tried them in the past. Not the best blade but not the worst either and for that price what exactly do you people expect? In my opinion the worst DE blade I have used was the Treet carbon steel blade (in fact in my experience Treer blades of any type seem to be very inconsistent) but even that was better than a disposable/cartridge. The worst razor of any type I have used was the King of shaves Azor. I had been using a Boots DE with tescos personnas for a while but got tempted back to cartridges briefly by the speed, ease, learnign curve of the DE not yet mastered and the marketting blurb of the azor. Result? Very quickly went back to DE, the Azor was like running broken glass over my face. Much worse than the Laser!

Pleasantly surprised by this blade after reading through this thread, smooth and reasonably close on first use. Better than the Shark Super Stainless I had in last by a long chalk!

Back
Top Bottom