Lanolin-free and tallow-free soaps

Gents, I'm looking to buy my first hard soap and wondering if there's a thread here (or a resource elsewhere) that lists soaps that do not contain lanolin?

I did a title search and didn't turn up much, though perhaps it's under another title.

If not, I'd appreciate any suggestions for lanolin-free hard soaps. I understand some people are also sensitive to tallow (and knowing my luck I'm probably allergic to that, too), so are there soaps that contain neither?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Try Nanny's to my knowledge they don't contain any Tallow or Lanolin in their ingredients.
http://www.nannyssillysoap.com/ps/category.php?id_category=28

Also 'How To Grow a Moustache' soaps from the USA
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/157020032/synergy-shaving-soap-kokum-butter-mango?ref=shop_home_feat_2

Martin De Candre also doesn't use tallow or lanolin. A bit pricey, but one container will last you a long time.

Those and Nanny's are the only two I've used that don't use those ingredients. And I love them both. Nanny's are a lot cheaper, wonderful latherers, beautiful aromas and offer very good protection and glide, and a very good post sensation. Martin De Candre are just amazing. But I would be hard pressed to chose only one if I had to, they are both great in my experience.

The other good side of Nanny's is that you've got a greater selection of aromas.

Most of the glycerine soaps (Scent from Heaven on E Bay, Prof Blighty on here & Mama Bear if you can get them) are lanolin & tallow free as far as I know offhand. The new Lea stick boasts both glycerine & tallow though so it's an exception.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Another recommendation for La Toja and MdC, both top tier soaps. Don't be put off by MdC's price, mine lasted over eighteen months and that was with swopping just over a third of it for a F/T Rocket.

This is very good news, I wasn't optimistic there would soaps that didn't contain one or t'other. TVM for the information. Looking forward to trying these all over the next few years :)

kaonashi said:
Martin De Candre also doesn't use tallow or lanolin. A bit pricey, but one container will last you a long time.

+1 Martin de Candre is now my only soap. Very good on the skin. It makes a good lather due to the stearic acid.

I am also sensitive to lanolin so I can understand the OP's concern. A nice easy way to check for sensitivity to tallow is to try the Palmolive Shave Stick. For the price you have nothing to lose.

FrankieG said:
Here are a couple more that don't contain tallow or lanolin: L'Occitane Cade and the now discontinued Klar Kabinett.

Klar Classic isalso loanolin and tallow-free - it isn't cheap, but it has a fantastic scent and lathers superbly. I sent a sample to Steve (losethebeard) a while back, and he was most impressed - the OP could contact him for his thoughts.

Mucho Gracias for the further info and suggestions, a really fine range to choose from there. I had a look at the Calani site, and some soap descriptions mention lanolin (it's the same word in German apparently) and some don't, so I've emailed them for clarification on which do and don't. Will report back...

Also found out from the L'Occitane site that it is pronounced lox ee tahn in case anyone else was wondering :)

Cheers

Reevers said:
I think Calani shaving soap is lanolin and tallow free. It gets great reviews too!

Link - http://www.calani-seifenmanufaktur.de/Calani-Rasierseifen

I believe there are three with lanolin, Earl Grey, Ice Angel and Oriental Plum, the plum was made for a German Forum. My local shaving emporium has calani soap in stock.

Scott.

Looking at their website there is at least one more in Tulach Ard.

The lanolin, my skin seems to love but not the tallow, alas. I may be mistaken but I'm sure that Boot's excellent shave bowl doesn't contain either tallow or lanolin. My memory is not what it could be and I haven't the packaging to check. Maybe some other member out there could could confirm or otherwise?

Back
Top Bottom