Klar Kabinett shaving soap review

Hiya,

I've used this soap 7-8 times now and I gotta say it's pretty darn good. Gave some to a friend and he thought the same thing.

The performance is much better than average when it comes to cushion and slip, and it lathers like a rabid St Bernard. Very pleasant light rose scent that isn't sweet. It's semi hard, which means it's moldable with a little effort. I'd bet this would work great used as a shave stick. Post shave skin care is quite nice.

Ordered mine at Royal Shave and hopefully it'll get here this week. That's a good company to deal with.....some unusual products stocked there. There's two shaving 'bars' to an order, each one weighing 250g. Heh, yeah, 500g (over a pound) of soap. I'm splitting an order, which ain't a bad way to go. Price including shipping was $25.90.......$19.95 for the soap by itself. Yeah, they have very reasonable flat rate shipping charges. Oh, keep in mind I'm located in the US, as is Royal Shave.

Hell of a deal for what you get,

Martin

RE: shaving soap review

I gave it a four out of 5, but I need to try it more. In the German soap range I prefer the performance of Tabac but the scant of this.

Overall this is a very good soap. I got a nice sized slice from Peter on TRS ages ago. I then grated some into a TOBS bowl with a screw lid and tamped it down with a fork and a little hot water to reform it.

In use it lathers easily, if anything the lather can be a little on the drying side. I felt more of a need for a light moisturiser after using this soap. The scent is like a light clean rose scent but it is fleeting and won't interfere with an aftershave or cologne.

Tall_Paul said:
Blimey I can put another notch on the 'Dodgy Enabling' board. I'm not doing bad at all!

Sigh.....what's that saying.....turn about is fair play. Sheeesh, you got me!

Dodgy

Audiolab said:
I gave it a four out of 5, but I need to try it more.

In use it lathers easily, if anything the lather can be a little on the drying side. I felt more of a need for a light moisturiser after using this soap. T

See now, I've read about some people finding the post shave skin care aspect a little lacking, but I don't see it myself. Heh, of course there's also some posts saying how good that part is, so there you go. Weird how that works out.

Thanks for the input,

Martin

I have suffered in the past from eczema so not the most impartial judge. In remission just now but just keep an eye on reactions after I introduce any new product

The secret is to only change one thing at a time.

FrankieG said:
It appears Klar Seifen have discontinued production of Kabinett soap. Better get some now before it's all gone!

Greetings

Martin sent me a sample and I really liked it, very impressed with the ease of lathering in my hard water.

As a result of what you have said about it being discontinued have just this second ordered some before I am too late. I purchased it from The Traditional Shaving Company £10.45 delivered, for half a kilo that has to be great value!

Regards
Dick.

Norfolkdick said:
FrankieG said:
It appears Klar Seifen have discontinued production of Kabinett soap. Better get some now before it's all gone!

Greetings

Martin sent me a sample and I really liked it, very impressed with the ease of lathering in my hard water.

As a result of what you have said about it being discontinued have just this second ordered some before I am too late. I purchased it from The Traditional Shaving Company £10.45 delivered, for half a kilo that has to be great value!

Regards
Dick.

Hi Dick,

Can I ask when you ordered it, please? After reading FrankieG's post I had a look and added it to my basket but when I went to check out the soap disappeared from my basket.

Scott.

FrankieG said:

I have just this minute ordered as Traditional Shaving seem to have it in stock. So order placed, so that's some on the go and a kilo in the cabinet. Thanks for mentioning they have discontinued it, its a great soap and a shame they have stopped it.
[/quote]

Northam Saint said:
FrankieG said:

I have just this minute ordered as Traditional Shaving seem to have it in stock. So order placed, so that's some on the go and a kilo in the cabinet. Thanks for mentioning they have discontinued it, its a great soap and a shame they have stopped it.
[/quote]

After reading this I retried on my laptop with more success, thanks.

Scott.

Back
Top Bottom