King C. Gillette Safety Razor

I'm not sure if there was a topic about this razor already? But I couldn't find it...

Anyway last week there was 50% on all King C. Gillette products at the nationwide drugstore Kruidvat, in the Netherlands. So for € 7,50 I bought a new Gillette Safety Razor, so it was a steal. In £ it would have been something like £ 6,50 total.

IMG_20210513_091627.jpg

I have used it twice and to be honest: I'm a bit disappointed, because I expected the safety razor to shave like an Edwin Jagger DE89. But in reality it's a super mild razor, which results in a not very close shave.

Very good for beginners: the chance of cutting yourself with this razor, is very low. I even did against the grain, and still there are a lot of hairs. The reason I know this is, because I have this tic: I start pulling hairs with my fingers and I was able to pull out a lot of them....

When I would use my Edwin Jagger DE89, this would normally not be the case: I even noticed, how some parts where not shaved at all somehow. So I'm not saying it's a bad razor, but a bit tad disappointing.

Yes it's made in China, so probably won't become a collector's item: but nevertheless I like the idea, of being able to buy a new Gillette Safety Razor in 2021. Although I doubt they going realise other versions, like they did in the time of our dad's and granddad's.

Btw I became a daddy as well, I have a lovely 5 month old daughter now :D

I don't sell anything anymore, it's a pain in the ass: but I consider it as an collector's item, even though it's not hahahaha. But the quality looks good, and the total weight of 102 grams isn't that bad.

Back
Top Bottom