Kiehl's Original Musk

I'm after a new Musk based scent and this appears to be well thought of online.
Does anybody have any experience of this?
Is it worth making a special trip to my nearest store to have a snifter?
Is it any better than my beloved Jovan Musk Oil For Men?:blush:
Sensible answers only please-don't go bashing the Jovan..

To my unsophisticated shnoz, it is head and shoulders above Jovan.

Less 'flowery', much more 'natural' ... as in clean, but sweaty bodies (?!)

More like Musc Kublai Khan (search for reviews).

Always, always. always try first before believing anything I say on the internet!

joe mcclaine said:

Always, always. always try first before believing anything I say on the internet!

Cheers for that.Day trip planned I think to have a smell.
Funnily enough I have just been reading about MKK- it seems to divide opinion!"cat poo" "freshly washed balls" to name but a few and the sample sizes on ebay go for a nice penny.
I have to say my interest is piqued.

Grunter said:
joe mcclaine said:

Funnily enough I have just been reading about MKK- it seems to divide opinion!"cat poo" "freshly washed balls" to name but a few and the sample sizes on ebay go for a nice penny.

Ignore all that old pony.

There a million wannabe creative writers out there on the blogs and the forums.

joe mcclaine said:
Grunter said:
joe mcclaine said:

Ignore all that old pony.

There a million wannabe creative writers out there on the blogs and the forums.

My new favourite for MKK "smells like Bigfoots penis" :huh:
For some weird reason I really need to smell MKK now!

Nah.

Nothing even remotely that bad.

Seriously - it's just musk.

If you still need to smell it (and let's face it you will), Serge Lutens used to do samples which were scented waxy droplets.

joe mcclaine said:
Nah.

If you still need to smell it (and let's face it you will), Serge Lutens used to do samples which were scented waxy droplets.
Yep, I do need to smell it.
Just sent email to Serge Lutens in France re a sample of MKK. Will see what they say.
I cannot seem to find a UK retailer at this time but I'll keep looking.
A 50ml spray direct from Serge in France is approx £94 delivered.
I will buy a small sample from the bay if I need to and will treat SWMBO to a day out to sniff the Kiehl's.
I do seem to get on well with Musk based scents.
Cheers for the help

I have ordered a small sample of Kiehl's, Musc Kublait Khan and Musc Ravageur to see which I like best.
After reading a lot of wonderfully poetic reviews online ,if when I try the MKK I'm not smelling like a blend of Poo/builders sweaty scrotum I will be very disappointed!:icon_rolleyes:

joe mcclaine said:
Nah.

Yep, I agree with you on that Lutens frag Vinnie. For the life of me I can't figure out where some people get these crazy notes from. It's a rather concentrated musk, but nothing offensive to be found and still on the subtle side. Got my daughter a small decant that she uses when it calls to her.

Nice stuff.

I have now tested all three samples that I sent for.
Kiehls is quite nice, but not nice enough for me to buy a bottle.
Musc Kublait Khan by Serge Lutens-Despite what the online reviews say I can't smell cat pee or poo,sweaty scrotums,dirty bums or Bigfoot penis!It's not brilliant though and I won't be getting it.
Musc Ravaguer- Didn't like this and the wife gagged on first smelling it and then begged for me to wash my neck!
I am glad I got the samples so I could see what all the fuss was about.

Grunter a bit of a long shot but have you tried the body shop's musk aftershave? I bought three aftershaves for two from them (£20 for 3) and I'm really liking the musk. It's light thus not overpowering but you get whiffs of it throughout he day large bottle too

Nishy said:
Grunter a bit of a long shot but have you tried the body shop's musk aftershave? I bought three aftershaves for two from them (£20 for 3) and I'm really liking the musk. It's light thus not overpowering but you get whiffs of it throughout he day large bottle too
I hadn't but next time I'm passing I will pop in and have a sniff.Cheers

Nishy said:
Look forward to hearing your opinion

Nishy,
popped in yesterday and there was two to choose from-the original musk and musk sport.
Did not really like the sport but the original was nice and fairly long lasting.I will revisit to have another test spray and a purchase may then be in order.

Back
Top Bottom