Kent / MWF

Everywhere I've read says that Kent soap is the same as MWF. But ... the description here http://www.executive-shaving.co.uk/gb-kent-oak-wood-bowl-and-luxury-shaving-soap.php ... describes a fougere fragrance with all sorts of notes, afaik MWF just smells a bit of soap and a bit of animal. Are Kent soaps still the same as MWF?

Tom

texaspete said:
Ok so its still the same ... looks like the description on executive shaving is a little ambitious!

Texas Pete - when describing scents we aim to give the best descriptions of all soaps, creams, after shaves etc as we appreciate it can be hard to get an idea of a scent when reading about it online

The description of the Kent soap scent is the one given to us by G.B Kent.

Ally

texaspete said:
Ok so its still the same ... looks like the description on executive shaving is a little ambitious!

Texas Pete - when describing scents we aim to give the best descriptions of all soaps, creams, after shaves etc as we appreciate it can be hard to get an idea of a scent when reading about it online

The description of the Kent soap scent is the one given to us by G.B Kent.

Ally

Not tried the Kent yet, though I do have a new puck, which I have just had a sniff at on your behalf...
To me the MWF just smells of a good tallow soap, without perfume...Whereas the Kent has quite a spicy, cinnamon smell....

GOLDCREST said:
Not tried the Kent yet, though I do have a new puck, which I have just had a sniff at on your behalf...
To me the MWF just smells of a good tallow soap, without perfume...Whereas the Kent has quite a spicy, cinnamon smell....

So it isn't the same.:huh:

Thanks Ally. I understand that the description blurb is often supplied by the manufacturers, which would suggest that they might be similar but are not the same. I understand MWF has no notes, no nothing, it just smells a bit of sheep and a bit of soap i.e. the sum of the ingredients. But then almost everybody says they are identical.

Still confused!

Never tried MWF, and never smelled any sheep, but Kent soap definitely smells a bit floral and spicy, although not in the nicest possible way. Performance is top notch though.

I've had pucks of both and they smelt totally identical. And to be fair to Exec Shaving the description is the same as that on Kent's website, which in my opinion is a spot on description - there is some fern and pine in there, but it is a VERY light scent. To most people it will smell like 'soap' which isn't an inaccurate description either...

rum said:
I've had pucks of both and they smelt totally identical. And to be fair to Exec Shaving the description is the same as that on Kent's website, which in my opinion is a spot on description - there is some fern and pine in there, but it is a VERY light scent. To most people it will smell like 'soap' which isn't an inaccurate description either...

I'd like to think I've got a sensitive sense of smell, and my opinion of the aroma of MWF is light floral with a sort of meat fat hint. No cinnamon or pine to my nose, but I've never used the Ken-badged soap to compare.

Oh Oh...
Just a thought, but I wonder if my new puck of Kent has picked up some of the scent from a new puck of monsavon which it sits next to in my soap box...........monsavon HAS quite a strong spicy/cinnamon scent..........I keep all my soaps in a large plastic box.......but never had scent transference from one soap to another before..But there's always a first time.....The only real test is to use it I suppose, but you'll have to wait a week or two as I have too many soaps on the go already...

Sorry Guys, you'll just have to ignore my previous post until I've tried actually lathering the Kent.....

I agree, I get a light floral spiciness from my Kent puck. I've never used the MWF labelled version as Kent is available on the local high street, so can't comment on that score. Had always taken them as being one and the same though from what I've read.

Back
Top Bottom