Kent Infinity Silvertex Synthetic Brush - An Ongoing Review

I bought this brush 2 weeks ago, and it is a very good brush indeed. Actually I had in mind the Plisson synthetic brush for L'occitane, but its price in UK is almost the double than in France (42 € vs. £65/83 €).

The KIS (Kent Infinity Silvertex) is an outstanding performer for the price (£9.95), and managed to build slick lather from shaving cream I could not get anything with my badger brush. For some the knot might be too small and is far from dense, however its backbone is firm enough to load from hard soaps . My best results are obtained in palm lathering but the KIS is a solid tool in face lathering as well.

Overall this brush would be perfect for traveling (because it dries very fast) or in a wet shaving starter kit.

Last year, I bought and attempted to use a Muhle V2 synthetic and almost immediately got rid of it as I thought that it was, quite frankly, crap compared to badgers and boars.

In July this year I decided to give synthetic another go, so I bought the Kent IS and took it away on holiday with me. I decided that this time I would adapt my lather making to the brush rather than trying to force the brush to work the way that *I* wanted it to work. Plus, it was the only brush that I had whilst I was on holiday.

So, face lathering is not really an option with it, and I found that with the Muhle; too much springiness and the need to really mash it into your face.

Palm lathering is something that I do sometimes anyway, so I did that.

I've not gone back to a badger or boar since, and have just used the Kent.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom