Kefir

soapalchemist said:
Well, confession time.....I KILLED MINE WITH NEGLECT!!! Could anyone offer me a few grains to start again? I also didn't like the taste on it's own much - mine had all the sourness of yoghurt with none of the creaminess, but I'm sure I could stomach it in fruit smoothies. I'ld be happy to trade a couple of 'splodges in bags' if that isn't against the religion of kefir.

Hi sharon
Would be happy to send you some although i am not quite sure what to pack them in? Is it milk powder? Seem to remember the ones I recieved were packed with something like that. I will research it and find out.

If you care to pm your address I will get some grains in the post asap.

Nick

I can't say exactly how long it took them to die; all I can tell you is that after a few weeks of neglect, I was sufficiently put off by the look of it to not want to try it. They may have still been alive for all I know. I did have the confounding factor of the fact that I went totally overboard and was using raw milk to make it with. So every time I went to drink it, part of me was thinking 'natural goodness' and another part of me was thinking 'e-coli, listeria' etc. etc.
So I'm ready to walk the middle road - pastuerised milk kefir.

Back
Top Bottom