just switched from android to ios

I've been an android user for the lat 4 years and I like them a lot. But because I use a mac at home I decided to give the Iphone a go so I've been using an iphone 5 for the last few weeks and would like talk about the differences I have noticed.

Icloud this works with Apple apps at the moment like pages, photo stream, notes calendar contacts and it all works smoothly I've had no weird things happen so far.

on Android the cloud works well to but I have had the odd thing happen with calendar it went through a stage of events appearing in duplicate, and with pictures being sent up to contacts to add a pic to a contact some of them were only half a pic would load even though other pics the same size would be fine I have never been able to fix that.

Maps and sat nav

Apple maps Sucks they should take it off the Iphone and put it back when it's is finished.

Google maps been using it for years it works a treat and I have it installed on my Iphone an it looks great.

Email
I have never liked stock mail apps that come on any phone so be it android or ios they just annoy me.

I use gmail app on my Iphone and on every android phone I have had it's slick efficient and just works well. the biggest bug bear I have with the iphone mail app is the delete is not in an obvious place there maybe a short cut but I do not have time to learn all of them.

Screens
I have to admit the retina display is fantastic and all screens be they TV, PC Monitor, tablet, Phone or what ever should be in future made to this as a minimum standard it is that good. There will be anoraks out there that will say but this phone (insert what ever model here) has more pixels don't waste my time the retina is good enough for anyone.

day to day usage
Battery life most of the android phones I have used needed charging every day I'm sure this will improve over time I remember having to charge analogue phones every day with an impressive 12 hour stand by a dumb phone today will give 2 weeks+ standby no problem.
So how does the I5 stack up well i get 3 days on a charge with light usage 2 if I use more data sat nav etc.

how the os looks

Back
Top Bottom