Just bought a new house!

£500 so only 83% wrong then :roll:

It's far better when they just raise the issue and require quotes from the right trade, I suspect its the lender that requires them to do the estimating.

Today I've renegotiated a sale down by £8,000 to reflect about £14,500 of additional work on a house which was thrown up by survey and builders reports, we knew it needed modernisation but there are some additional damp related issues not least of which will require part re-rendering and scaffolding to do so.

Buyer and seller both happy that a fair agreement has been reached and all being well I get paid by the end of next month :)

On the subject of moving if you use a professional moving firm a piece of advice i was given by someone who used to work in the trade was to tip the movers before they start. May seem a bit backwards but apparently the lads that do the work aren't on a great wage and its amazing what type of service you'll then get from them.

(And plenty of tea always goes down well).

The house I moved into two moves ago: The survey report came in and the first thing I thought was odd was the surveyor "could find no evidence of the garage" - he actually entered the property through said garage (the vendor's son actually caught him on video doing so...) - so I didn't pay for that survey :lol:

Back
Top Bottom