June 2017 Acquisitions

Picked up this unused grooming kit for £2.99 off eBay. Never used one of these later Tech razors, so looking forward to seeing how it shaves.

TechSet.JPG

But the main reason for buying it was actually for the NOS blades, only two in the pack but they are a perfect replacement for the blades in this other razor I picked up recently. The case is a bit yellow, but the razor is immaculate and it is my birth year.

Slim Aristo.JPG

Well damn this lot surprised. The Shake Sharp turned out not to be the hard to find Bakelite 1.0 but the rarest of them all the transitional Bakelite 1.5 with the hinged cap. Very happy. The aluminum Apollo of unknown vintage looks new, and the rare '32 silver/Bakelite Wardonia is gorgeous after cleanup and the included blade shaveable.
131657506c190c9e0efc6a3790cde189.jpg
8c82a275786b69eb4675954be7786052.jpg
ce0c789ef6b92dd6f44ff3f0786e07b2.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Further to my comment about a handle from Maggard Razors, here's the finished article, underneath a RR Black Hawk head. The fit is perfect, the finish leaves a little to be desired but it cost somewhere around the £16 mark posted so I'm very happy with this purchase. Nice, hefty anodised steel. Couple of slight scuffs but nothing to lose sleep over!

IMG_4658.jpg

A superbly multi-colourful 26mm Finest badger shaving brush from Etsy. Very lovely to look at with plenty of colour and sparkle. Very well made with only slight evidence of bubbles in the resin (at the base only, not on the sides). Lovely tight knot which I'm looking forward to blooming. Photos will come later on.

DSC_0873_zps9qvsrfog.jpg

My Long Lost NOS Wester Bros Solingen Arrived Today from the USA...Its Minter than Mint..Brand New..Looks Stainless to Me..This is How it Came Out the Box..I Will Put it through My Naniwa Super Stone Progression & Finish on My Black Surgical Arkie & Zip Her Out to 20 K..This is My 2nd NOS Wester Bros..Razors Just Don't Get Any Better in My Books..:)

Billy

DSC_0873_zps9qvsrfog.jpg

My Long Lost NOS Wester Bros Solingen Arrived Today from the USA...Its Minter than Mint..Brand New..Looks Stainless to Me..This is How it Came Out the Box..I Will Put it through My Naniwa Super Stone Progression & Finish on My Black Surgical Arkie & Zip Her Out to 20 K..This is My 2nd NOS Wester Bros..Razors Just Don't Get Any Better in My Books..:)

Billy
What a beauty.

Back
Top Bottom