JULY 2021 ACQUISITIONS

How did you find the Kai blade btw Paul?
Alas, not one for me ...

All brushes have arrived.

brushe10.jpg

Special thanks to @Burgundy
Blue one sick bro

Alas, not one for me ...
A shame to hear.

They have the reputation for being one of the sharpest blades out there but aside from the Feather, experiences for other blades vary, the glorious way of YMMV as ever for blades.

A shame to hear.

They have the reputation for being one of the sharpest blades out there but aside from the Feather, experiences for other blades vary, the glorious way of YMMV as ever for blades.
Yeah, curious that ... as Refined Shave found it literally one of the dullest out of the pack and while it does come through to Feather-like sharpness off the first run, even that's (or Feather) is not that sharp compared to, say, PermaSharp Super or Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (Black) which are dramatically sharper out of the box and also after one and two shaves.

Sharpness is most certainly NOT the only or even most defining factor, despite those other two blades being a couple of my favourites, my other favourites are considerably less sharp (empirically) like the Treet Platinum which is my absolute favourite and whenever I have doubts, just use one.

IMO it doesn't get much better than those two producers.

I haven't tried the OSP yet. But I love the scent of this Belgravia barbershop. I am waiting my whiskers to grow a bit from yesterday's shave with the signature :). The Valentia is great smell too. I struggled a bit to load my Valentia from the tub with my boar because it's too soft on the top... Now I squeezed it a bit to flatten and will try with a synthetic next time.

Back
Top Bottom