JULY 2021 ACQUISITIONS

On a different note.....
I was gifted this beauty today.
IMG_20210710_200215_1.jpg
It still has one Original Wilkinson sword blade. In good condition.
Unfortunately the strop is missing. Anyone know what sort of strop went with it? Google pictures show leather but instructions mention something about fabric.
Also..... Would I still be ok using the blade?.. it's all cleaned up and sterilised..
After a good scrubbing and buffing it looks like this.
IMG_20210710_205505.jpg

Anyway it's a nice addition to the collection.

On a different note.....
View attachment 73357
Unfortunately the strop is missing. Anyone know what sort of strop went with it? Google pictures show leather but instructions mention something about fabric.
Also..... Would I still be ok using the blade?.. it's all cleaned up and sterilised..
View attachment 73359

The Strop in the one I had was Leather.

On a different note.....
View attachment 73357
View attachment 73359

A wonderful looking razor although I could imagine it in a hospital as a tool for taking skin grafts! :)

Paul.

dkpwatson64_1625953877.jpg

Well thanks to some excellent purchase points from Shavingtime, I have expanded my range of delicious (and possibly nutritious - but I don't recommend it) Phoenix and Beau splashes. My favourite is as always Trafalgar, then Albion and then Spitfire. Don't get me wrong, the Spitfire does what it says on the tin; leather, tobacco and old chairs, in which a WWII ace has sat, smoked his pipe and shouted, "Tally Bally ho!"

I simply prefer the open seas of Trafalgar, rather than an oily engine cowling. ;)

On a different note.....
View attachment 73357
View attachment 73359

They all seem to be leather.

Back
Top Bottom