July 2017 Acquisitions

A Charcoal Goods razor in antique brass, with both Level 2 and Level 3 SB plates, arrived. Since I now have a Level 1 head on the way to use with my other handles, I'll be putting this set up for sale.
Jkf0ptU.jpg

And a couple boxes of Personna 74 Tungstens, mislabeled as "Hospital Use," also came.
Ayuvi5X.jpg

Received these from my lovely, money-thriving dealer @nolisco;

IMG_4859.jpg

It smells great from the soap to ASB to Cologne. A little soft in scent to what I was anticipating but smells great nonetheless. Nice and clean and fresh. The razor is in very usable nick but a tad tight and some quite minor plate loss here and there... I am tempted to strip this one down past its plating and see where that takes me... but it isn't in bad shape by any stretch! :D

And received this from an eBay seller - they claimed it had some corrosion to the hinge but after taking it apart quickly and giving it a quick dremel polish with a clean polishing mop, the corrosion is no more! There's also some slight great/bitumen-type stuff which IPA (50:50 with water) nor toothpaste will shift on the handle... Might have to bring out the big guns with a dab of toluene...

IMG_4860.jpg

Razor is in far better condition than I'd have hoped. Shame that the box is a Made in England and the razor is Made in USA, but you can't have it all! It's nice and tightly sprung and only the most marginal plate loss is on the inner hinge, so hidden from view. Was anticipating far worse nick for <£6 delivered! I was going to use it as a project razor, but instead I might purchase another cheap, slightly beaten up one from elsewhere to use instead! Original blade is a bit (very) beaten up/corroded so I will not be using that any time soon, despite only having my most recent tetanus jab 1.5 years ago. :D

Just got my new Timeless handle via Dick Turpins cabin aka sorting office where my pants were ripped down and I had to assume the position to the tune of £17.00. That makes for one expensive handle running total inc post and customs £80. It's OK as a handle. It's too long but well made. I got it in case I sell my Timeless it will sell better as a complete razor than it would as just the head.

Back
Top Bottom