Jovan Musk

NotTheStig said:
They often have it in boots. You could craftily open the box for a whiff

I did - thought it was OK initially but the longer it was on the more uncertain about life I became. It took me ages to even wash it off and even after a shower and bed I could smell it on my hand in the morning.

It definitely has longevity but the problem is that as time passes, in my opinion it goes from being acceptable to stale and rather unpleasant.

Just my view but certainly one not to purchase as a blind buy.

I think I'll pop into Boots and have a sneaky splash when no-one's looking.

Then I might even open the Jovan Musk bottle and try some.

:icon_lol:

I love it, I have it in a spray bottle. It lasts well and the Mrs kind of likes it, she is fickle and dislikes 95% of the AS that I like. In fact the ony ones she likes are Jovan Musk, Blue Stratos (albeit it smells like her dad) and Tabac (but only after a few hours).

I like it, its quite potent when first put on. It says its an aftershave or a cologne however its too strong for a splash. Wouldn't buy from boots though much cheaper from bodycare.

Jeltz said:
Tabac (but only after a few hours).

I love the drydown of Tabac - almost Chanel-like in the way it unfolds to reveal a surprisingly floral heart. (Does that sound a bit camp? Oh well.)

With you on the wife, though - nothing gets past her nose so I've given up and unless she actively hates something (the last one being Cella Classica - that lovely lemony stuff from Connaught) I just grin and wear it.

Current faves are two from Trumper's - the Sandalwood (weird but wonderful, lasts for days) and Milk of Flowers (even more weird - cloves, geraniums and carnations - and almost as wonderful).

I tried on some of the Big Names yesterday - Givenchy, Dior, Chanel, etc. - and founds them all overpowering and formulaic. Nothing subtle or eccentric. Like clothes from Next or Burtons or Top Man - same old same old. Trumpers are more like a bespoke gentleman's outfitters - not the full Chris Eubank, just a twist of something vintage and well-made.

If it's the same as the stuff we had in the 7os it's well overpowering on initial application, drying down to something several hours later which creates a vague sensation that a cat has peed in whatever space you're inhabiting at the time.
Apart from that it's lovely ........... ever so Austin Powers.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

I must have bad taste because I love it and used it for about twenty years as my everyday smell.
I think it smells better after a couple of hours on a warm day as the smell seems to radiate off you.Very long lasting.
Only downside it can stain shirt collars orange!
Also every woman who smells it seems to like it:icon_razz:

Grunter said:
I must have bad taste because I love it and used it for about twenty years as my everyday smell.
I think it smells better after a couple of hours on a warm day as the smell seems to radiate off you.Very long lasting.
Only downside it can stain shirt collars orange!
Also every woman who smells it seems to like it:icon_razz:

Totally not.

We like what we like and who is fit to pass judgement on one persons taste against anothers?

Not my personal choice but my Sister loves the female fragrance and I will have to check with her as to whether this has the same effect on men that you report yours as having on women!

Pete

Back
Top Bottom