John Lewis

I was in John Lewis in Newcastle yesterday (Bainbridges forever I reckon) and bought some Kent shaving soap, which as those of us in the know are aware, is just Mitchell's Wool Fat in a poncey wrapper.

They had some other, smaller and cheaper loose pucks there too but as far as could tell they were unbranded. Does anyone know who makes these? Didn't want to bother buying two soaps!

JL has been selling these unbranded soaps for ages as far as I know. I recall someone did say here before that they were 'OK' quality. Dirt cheap as well. If you suffer from sensitive skin or dryness I would play it safe and steer clear...

I've heard good things about the Vulfix soap but I do like MWF. Doesn't the Kent have a different scent to MWF?

Gairdner said:
I've heard good things about the Vulfix soap but I do like MWF. Doesn't the Kent have a different scent to MWF?

No, it's exactly the same stuff TTBOMK. Get my MWF in it's Kent guise from a local chemists. Great value at just over a fiver with no delivery costs.

Brilliant, SC! Best I've found it online is £5.95 at Nkd Man. Like supporting local businesses more though but alas there's nowt round here like that. Arkwright would probably want a tenner for it....:D

TTBOMK?

Those unbranded smaller soaps are 99% vulfix, i have one it has a light lavander smell and it is ok, the local tobacconist sells them with other soaps and creams and i think i paid £4 for it. Overall its a good soap.

Back
Top Bottom