January 2017 Aquisitions

Are these as good as the lodz stainless steel blades and where did you buy these? Thanks.

@Blademonkey That I will need to find out, not used them yet. I got them from tryablade.com in the states, it was $20 for two packs of 10 including postage.

I have a bit of blade thing going at the moment, I had picked up some blades from the 1960's to go with my Gillette Slim Adjustable and whilst looking around for blades I came across this site as someone had mentioned they did NOS blades. I spotted these Polsilvers and thought I would give them ago as they seemed to be highly rated, and I had never seen them for sale before.

Last edited:
@Blademonkey That I will need to find out, not used them yet. I got them from tryablade.com in the states, it was $20 for two packs of 10 including postage.

I have a bit of blade thing going at the moment, I had picked up some blades from the 1960's to go with my Gillette Slim Adjustable and whilst looking around for blades I came across this site as someone had mentioned they did NOS blades. I spotted these Polsilvers and thought I would give them ago as they seemed to be highly rated, and I had never seen them for sale before.
Thanks for the info, look forward to hearing what you think of these blades in due course.

A new bath/shower soap, a gift from my sister. Perhaps she was sending me a message about needing to get clean...
m7eftPY.jpg
zQf9yO9.jpg
knqYLfr.jpg

Got an El Druida Bronze handle home today I bought on another BST.
7E321D51-F19B-40C9-A3D3-1BE2AD272CDD_zpsrr2ylsjj.jpg

5BA8F250-BD33-404B-AD3D-3A0625065D75_zpswyflcscn.jpg

It measures 14x90mm which is my preferred dimension. I think this will pair just nice with a stripped and polished Tech Head I own or even with a black coated Head like the Ikon B1 Slant or the Black Mamba. In addition fits the realative narrow neck of the handle perfectly into the bore on the Blackbird Baseplates.
Regards

Fine L'orange Noir arrived today safe and sound. Very much looking forward to using it; a quick whiff confirms, it smells delicious.
Off-topic - bought a new (but rather old) overcoat yesterday for a good price at a 'Vintage Fair'. Very pleased.

Rockwell Razor 6S.

Couldn't resist any longer after all its favourable reviews. Bought from ShaveLounge yesterday and I'm kicking myself I didn't realise the TSR member discount existed; nevermind. At least they chucked in a few free blade tucks and styptic matches.

I quite like the powder finish and can't see a single blemish. I'll give it a go tomorrow :)

Acquire_20170131_zpswr4xjxto.jpg

Back
Top Bottom