I've fallen in love.

frjack said:
With my m22 Schick injector. I get a much better shave than any of my DE razors.

Maybe I'll give the Star another whirl, soon.

That's just the way Dodgy went all those many decades ago, when injectors were still a new fangled gegaw.

So be afraid where this may lead, be very afraid !

I say no more ...

JohnnyO. O/

JohnnyO said:
frjack said:
With my m22 Schick injector. I get a much better shave than any of my DE razors.

That's just the way Dodgy went all those many decades ago, when injectors were still a new fangled gegaw.

I say no more ...

JohnnyO. O/

To the OP: Johnny is right about me using injectors bought in a store around the late 60s early 70s. I can't remember ever using a Gillette adjustable, so that was probably my go to set up. Before Sensor was invented and even before the Techmatic cartridge band razor made it's debut.

No idea what blades you have, but I would recommend you definitely try others. Just like a DE blade, not all injector types shave the same. Not even close. Is your razor the black handle one? If so it's called the L type. Don't usually go by the numbers so much as by the body style.

If you wanna get the best possible shave, you need to test drive other blades. If you are happy with the shave now, then forget me mentioning anything.....heh.

Martin

Re: RE: I've fallen in love.

dodgy said:
JohnnyO said:
frjack said:

I say no more ...

JohnnyO. O/

To the OP: Johnny is right about me using injectors bought in a store around the late 60s early 70s. I can't remember ever using a Gillette adjustable, so that was probably my go to set up. Before Sensor was invented and even before the Techmatic cartridge band razor made it's debut.

No idea what blades you have, but I would recommend you definitely try others. Just like a DE blade, not all injector types shave the same. Not even close. Is your razor the black handle one? If so it's called the L type. Don't usually go by the numbers so much as by the body style.

If you wanna get the best possible shave, you need to test drive other blades. If you are happy with the shave now, then forget me mentioning anything.....heh.

Martin
I'm using personna blades, from Connaught. They seem to suit just fine.

Being a bit tightfisted, I'm not sure I can justify seven "chicks" for about the same price I paid for forty Personnas, though.

Oh, yeah... The head is stamped M22, reads lady eversharp and the handle is yellow. I'd read up a bit and decided this one would be a mild shave.

I also took a gamble on a copy from the bay. It looks ok, alongside my genuine one. I don't see any unevenness in the important areas. I'll let you know how shredded I get, when I give it a test drive.

Back
Top Bottom