It's here.. My new M&F B&B group buy brush

null_zps8332ee6e.jpg

First shave today. An awesome knot! Just right in all aspects, backbone, softness, flow and the construction is flawless, no random glue or unevenness in the knot.

Very happy :)

Dipesh said:
I've not used it yet but in a word... Wow

This brush is absolutely flawless. I literally can not find a single thing that isn't 100%. The attention to detail is phenomenal.

Here are a few pics:

null_zps4ce93c84.jpg

null_zps303c9118.jpg

Looking forward to giving it a go during the week!

Dipesh, that is one fine looking brush........ Lee & Ken have made a fantastic brush.
Enjoy
Great photographs, my name is on the list but I think you are the first in the U.K, hopefully mine is not far behind.

Charles U.K

Before you go slathering to Lee about a group buy...this brush will be available anyway as a stock M&F brush although I suspect not at the group buy price.

pugh-the-special-one said:
Great looking brush Jody.

Cheers Jamie, she sure is a looker. I'm really becoming a big big fan of Lee's work.

This is my third brush of his and they are superb pieces. I've got a Rooney 2XL Heritage hair in Faux Tortoise and an M&F with same hair in Butterscotch.

This B&B Group buy one has fantastic ergonomics and I can't wait to get home tonight.

BTW I'm still persevering with the honing (made a lot more progress) and have some Naniwa SS stones coming back from USA on Monday with a friend. A 1k, 3/8k and a 12k with a DMT 325...happy happy days.

RE: Cost of this brush, I think inc P&P was about £72 (I'd have to check the official thread where it's posted) A cracking deal though.

jodypress said:
Well, mine arrived today too and it's absolutely gorgeous in the flesh and a real delight to hold. I'll be breaking her in tonight :)

Some pre-bloom pics.

And another lucky person....... Great photographs Enjoy

Can't wait until mine arrives.

Charles U.K

jodypress said:
Great looking brush Jody.

Cheers Jamie, she sure is a looker. I'm really becoming a big big fan of Lee's work.

This is my third brush of his and they are superb pieces. I've got a Rooney 2XL Heritage hair in Faux Tortoise and an M&F with same hair in Butterscotch.

This B&B Group buy one has fantastic ergonomics and I can't wait to get home tonight.

BTW I'm still persevering with the honing (made a lot more progress) and have some Naniwa SS stones coming back from USA on Monday with a friend. A 1k, 3/8k and a 12k with a DMT 325...happy happy days.

RE: Cost of this brush, I think inc P&P was about £72 (I'd have to check the official thread where it's posted) A cracking deal though.

I thought when you didn't send it you were probably having another crack at it, those wedges can be the most difficult of any razor to hone, but once you've cracked it you will feel a real sense of achievement, I'm waiting on a Hart razor, I managed to trade it for a vintage razor I restored against the Hart 6/8 square point in rosewood , I've read some great reviews regarding these razors.

http://straightrazorplace.com/vendors-corner/42389-hart-steel-razors.html

I thought when you didn't send it you were probably having another crack at it, those wedges can be the most difficult of any razor to hone, but once you've cracked it you will feel a real sense of achievement, I'm waiting on a Hart razor, I managed to trade it for a vintage razor I restored against the Hart 6/8 square point in rosewood , I've read some great reviews regarding these razors.

http://straightrazorplace.com/vendors-corner/42389-hart-steel-razors.html

Sorry to hijack your thread Dipesh.

RE: the honing, I just couldn't let it lie and had to crack it, so went at it again on the coticule. I seemed to have much more success. Not super smooth but much much better. A friend was going to the states this week, so managed to persuade him to bring me back the Naniwas :)

I've mainly heard good things about Hart Razors, just the looks do nothing for me. Too utilitarian. Let me know how it shaves.

I'm currently speccing up a Mastro Livi for my 40th in September and will be going to Perugia to meet him and pick it up. Exciting times.

How are you getting on with your new Lee brush?

Back
Top Bottom