Is your razor too dumb? Well new razor "Phi Razor" to the rescue ;)

Big mistake of not releasing the "secret" of the intelligence until launch day. Kickstarter is best used when you already have some sort of following. It's all about momentum and you need to know that you will have a lot of orders the minute you hit the green light. That only happens if you let people understand what you're offering in advance. Of course, there are other problems, too, but that one bugged me the most.

Oddly enough, I think they let out enough of the "secret" in advance that it was possible to make a reasonable guess at what they were offering. Unfortunately, that didn't help since it was easy to predict that the emperor would have no clothes- just a gee-whiz handle.

Oddly enough, I think they let out enough of the "secret" in advance that it was possible to make a reasonable guess at what they were offering. Unfortunately, that didn't help since it was easy to predict that the emperor would have no clothes- just a gee-whiz handle.

Very true. It definitely doesn't make up for an undesirable product, but not having a following is one of the biggest Kickstarter mistakes in general.

A number of successful razors have got ahead because the creator(s) came up with a usable prototype, tested by themselves, which then got to testers; who then reported their evaluations to shaving forums.
That has the dual advantages of showing that the thing exists (and should be produced en masse),and that it works.

I wrote the following on TSD in response to his post Kickstarter shutdown comment:
Hi John,

There have been some amazing developments since the launch.
I can't disclose details at this time but stay tuned.

DB
It's really hard to like a razor creator who is so secretive. I don't know if you are doing it to spur speculation, but it's really off-putting...to me, at least.
TSR Edit:
...and since I'm reposting this on a more 'relaxed' forum, I'll add that either he thinks we're to dumb to appreciate/understand the razor or he's worried someone will steal his ideas. Either scenario is laughably preposterous. I almost feel like a dickwad for pointing this out, but this 'smart' razor insults my intelligence less than the guy peddling them.

When, oh! when are we going to put this one down?

Edit: we've been putting the project and the inventor down for one hundred posts - I meant putting it down as in letting it go.

When, oh! when are we going to put this one down?

Edit: we've been putting the project and the inventor down for one hundred posts - I meant putting it down as in letting it go.
Probably when the inventor looks at the Blackland Blackbird thread, takes notes (edit: on running a successful Kickstarter), and gives us a good razor.

We're rowdy over there too, but expletive censorship and gentle reminders that it's a 'family friendly forum' tend to dampen things down a bit.

Well I gotta say that my sense of humor ain't much appreciated over there (or anywhere for that matter) and towards the end it felt like JoAnna always had me on double secret probation.

Usta spend time at TSD years ago but after finding this place there's no going back to a 'normal' kinda forum with so many restrictions.

Martin

Well I gotta say that my sense of humor ain't much appreciated over there (or anywhere for that matter) and towards the end it felt like JoAnna always had me on double secret probation.

Usta spend time at TSD years ago but after finding this place there's no going back to a 'normal' kinda forum with so many restrictions.

Martin
The guys over at a German forum were astounded when I told them about the rules of our forum, some even liked them
The mighty Boab said:
You agree to have fun and where required, take comments with a large pinch of salt. Always keep in mind that personal experiences will vary. Please note that this is a social board frequented by people over the age of 18 and as such there may be content unsuitable for minors
That's why I'll continue to hang out here. :p

At least this razor wasn't as bad as the laser thing that managed to raise a fair amount of money before being shut down.
But that razor had a laser for a blade! Yeah it didn't work for shit, but it gives hope to those who dream of one day wielding weapons "from a more civilized age."

I know it's a big step from a laser razor to a light saber, but baby steps, man, baby steps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom