Is this a defect?

It doesn't like right that's for sure. My brushes are years old and I'm a rough bugger with them and they still look like new.

Give it a bit longer. After drying it on your towel flick your fingers across and when it’s dry do that again. I get the odd synthetic look like that and it soon returns to normal. If it doesn’t send a pic to Simpsons. I doubt you will notice a difference in performance.

Only asking, but you’ve not used too much pressure whilst lathering? Please, I’m not being accusatory in any way whatsoever. Thank you.

Only asking, but you’ve not used too much pressure whilst lathering? Please, I’m not being accusatory in any way whatsoever. Thank you.
Seeing as you asked so nicely. :)

I don't think I did but it isn't a possibility I've ruled out. I will use Fido's method to restore it and pay attention when I next use it to lather.

It seems strange that just two shaves should cause this. I reckon anyone must be actually destruction testing to cause that level of damage not simply two ordinary latherings. And of course, I don’t believe or suggest in the slightest that’s what happened here. Not on your Nelly!

Back
Top Bottom