Is Lancaster the right man for the job?

From a Welsh rugby perspective is Lancaster the right man for the job.

Jamie.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbynation/rugby-news/2012/03/31/analysis-welsh-lesson-shows-england-could-be-wrong-with-stuart-lancaster-91466-30662073/

I wanted Mallet to get the job. However, I am not at all disappointed that Lancaster got it.

Mallet would have these issues as well - "
Lancaster's first task has to be to eke out an attacking game worth its salt from players who participate in an Aviva Premiership which is nothing but an attritional grind."

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbynation/rugby-news/2012/03/31/analysis-welsh-lesson-shows-england-could-be-wrong-with-stuart-lancaster-91466-30662073/#ixzz1qgP9P6ff

I think you are right about being able to eke out an attacking game, as the Avviva premiership does nothing to help the English international teams cause, on the other hand the old Magners league and now the Rabbo pro direct are the absolute opposite of the English league, they are purely set up for international and European rugby, the Welsh just dont really care much fo it even though it's great for our international teams, with no promotion or relegation the emphasis is on young player development and attack, and getting your international players primed and ready fo bigger things, some of the games in that league are a total joke, you rarely see a full strenght team until they play European rugby. that's why the attendaces are so poor in wales.

Jamie

I think he is the best man for the job.
He has put together a (largely) new team of players who have performed beyond expectation. Whether they can perform against Southern Hemisphere opposition remains to be seen but he has a full 3 years before the next World Cup. Good luck to him.

Comments about the leagues ring true. We had to do it in cricket - that is narrow the gap in styles. If the clubs are supplying brick shithouses, it's pointless employing a "running game" coach - or do you agree with the FA, that an expensive coach can remodel players over a few days to play "like the old days when we were young"?
The "old farts" will need to be honest and enlightened to defend Lancaster now and put a system in place with clubs. I bet half the "national duty" time is spent on sponsors - not training, anyway, to pay for the prawn sandwiches.
love'n'joy

Back
Top Bottom