Is it a cream? is it a soap? no, its a creoap!

Just bought some Cella and am having some difficulty 'classifying' it as cream or a soap as it appears to be somewhere slap bang in the middle.

I shall now refer to it as a creoap!

How do we define the difference?

If you put a lump of it on a plate and don't touch it for 24 hours... has it changed in shape at all?

If the answer is yes, it's most assuredly fluid and therefore a cream.

If the answer is no, it might be a superviscous fluid or more likely a solid and therefore a soap. (No, glass is not now considered to be a superviscous/supercooled fluid any more)

I call it soft soap, same for P.160.

One for HM: is it simply a matter of hydration? If one leaves a tub of cream to dry out (I'm thinking of the old stock Coates, actually), does it become soft soap?

Arrowhead said:
I call it soft soap, same for P.160.

One for HM: is it simply a matter of hydration? If one leaves a tub of cream to dry out (I'm thinking of the old stock Coates, actually), does it become soft soap?

Well that's what I always thought and I think Dr. Henk said as much... a cream is simply a soap with more residual water in it - since there's not really a black/white boundary between a soft soap and a hard cream all that lies between a hard soap and a cream could easily be called a soft soap or a hard cream.

Same as answering the question - what colour is turquoise? is it greeny-blue or bluey-green...

Back
Top Bottom