Closed Injector pass around.....with a catch

Hiya,

So if anyone would care to maintain that sorta thread in the title, I can start things off. I would do it myself, except I realized I don't want to.......

Included to be sampled is a nice combo, consisting of the black handle/gold head I type Hydro Magic injector razor, paired with a Chinese Schick blade. This razor is in excellent shape and seems to be a popular model, plus the blade gets overall good reviews..

That's the deal. Talk amongst yourselves and if there's any interest from anybody to take over I'm happy to get things rolling.

Martin

Oh yeah, I do not plan on seeing the razor again.

I'd be up for this as well, but what I think Martin is trying to say is that he wants someone to take ownership of the deal and the thread? As many of you know I have a real bad memory, too many head injuries playing rugby i Guess? I will take it on as long as some of you guys can help me out with a reminder or two along the way? Oh and if anyone thinks they can disappear with another of Martins tools, I will find you (and I'll bring The Vinster with me)
I'm quite happy to buy some blades to put in with it, anyone else up for it?

daz said:
what I think Martin is trying to say is that he wants someone to take ownership of the deal and the thread?

You got that right,

I wanna be like the Grampa who leaves toys and candy for the kids.....and then goes home to peace and quiet.

Thanks for the offer of additional blades for test driving.

As daz was first to offer, I'd be happy for him to take this on. I'm sure we can all help out with reminders and such if he starts having any rugby induced senior moments. The addition of some Personna blades would be a good idea as they'd probably be the first port of call for any UK injector user. Given the longevity of injector blades, it shouldn't be too expensive, I can't see each participant using more than a couple of blades.

Hiya,

Thanks to the members who volunteered. I will leave this up here for a little while longer and then figure things out. I need a way to turn this into a position where people bribe me to get the job. Now that would be good salesmanship! Certainly whoever wins this great opportunity to run the thread would get first shot at the shaving crap to test drive. Hmmm, maybe a lottery, with me getting all the cash?

Hiya,

Perhaps there's some members who don't understand about running a pass along thread. It might seem boring at first glance, but there's perks. Lots of perks.

I would guess y'all are aware of some bribes needed to get your name in a VIP list, and what can happen if you don't pay it. let's just say those lists are easy to manipulate when you are the OP. You become instantly popular and a BMOF (Big Man On the Forum). Just so's you know.

I would agree with Exapno about going with the first person to jump at this chance, which would be daz. Thank you for taking the job. Send me your mailing address and we will get this rolling along. Thanks to LtB as well for volunteering. Heh, stick around.....just in case daz was describing himself optimistically.......

Hiya,

Maybe daz will start a thread with a list of Exapno and LtB next up, then whoever else after that. Far as the Hydro feature, it works fine but should probably only be used after a shave is done to avoid any wear and tear on this old thing. Handy little option to have though.

Greetings

Nice offer Martin; this is a hugely popular Schick model; I have the I1 (same razor without the Hydro- Magic head) and the J3, same head with the hydro-magic facility but a stupidly long handle (IMHO).

These models shave like a dream and are super easy to shave with.

I look forward to hearing if others agree.

One tiny tip for new injector users; insert the new blade gently and slowly so as not to rub it against the near blade stop, if you do the blade will be buggered!

Regards
Dick.

Norfolkdick said:
One tiny tip for new injector users; insert the new blade gently and slowly so as not to rub it against the near blade stop, if you do the blade will be buggered!

Regards
Dick.

Good idea to watch for that while loading. Speaking of loading, the Hydro Magic instructions say NOT to load the blade with the head in the open for cleaning position. Also, this type razor's not set up for using twinjector blades. I have done that in the past and it was ugly.

Sorry for the late reply guys. Yeah sure i could take this on, i will start a thread shortly to get the waiting list going. And i will get some blades ordered to pack alongside the kindly donated razor.
Will pm my address shortly Martin.

Back
Top Bottom