Injector Blade Choice

Just bought a Schick by accident (!) and now I need some blades for it. It seems I can get Schick from Amazon or Personna from Connaught.

Of course, ymmv, but have I missed anything? Is one generally regarded as smoother, sharper or longer lasting? Thanks!

I can't tell you about the Persona, but I have 7 shaves with the Schick blade and I think there are a few more shaves left on the blade.

ajh101 said:
Just bought a Schick by accident (!) and now I need some blades for it. It seems I can get Schick from Amazon or Personna from Connaught.

Of course, ymmv, but have I missed anything? Is one generally regarded as smoother, sharper or longer lasting? Thanks!

Hi there,

Injector blades are all over the place performance wise, with most members suggesting Schick (Chinese ones only....no German version), and Personna. Both easy to come by and they each have their fans. Between the two I can't remember which one was better for me but neither was spectacular.

From there it gets a little sketchy, and it takes some test driving other blades not made anymore. Just like a DE blade, some injector ones can be sharper or more forgiving or whatever. The Gillette blade Paul mentioned is pretty darn good, and so are a few other vintage ones from the 1970s. Personna Super Stainless is another nice old blade and some Schick versions are good. Takes using em to see. Stay away from the really old ones.

At one time injectors were all I used. Went through the whole herd culling thing before settling on my go to razor/blade combo. Used that for a long time and never figured it would get any better. Well, I ended up trying a new to me blade and it was even better!! I couldn't believe it.

Then, years later it even happened with my go to razor. Tried another injector and put the other one away. Now that was a shock, how good this latest one works.

Fine tuning the razor/blade will make a big difference in how well an injector can perform. Blade availability is the weak point if there is one to this type of shave.

Heh, it depends what kind of shave you're looking for,

Martin

Greetings

The two blades that you have found are the only two readily available in the Uk and the Personna Stainless PTFE Coated blades are only available from Connaughts.

Now this is my opinion and it is just tha,t the opinion of one old man with no special qualifications to back it up!

The Personna blades give me a really good shave, there are if you search E-bay vintage injector blades that are relatively modern ie they are stainless and from the late 70's and early 80's, sadly they are nearly all for sale from the USA so shipping for a few blades is three times the price of the blades.

I have tried many of them, most that came with old injectors I purchased and some from a generous crazy old man in the US! Now it is a fact that some of these old blades are sharper, some frighteningly so, but after three passes the result I get from the Personna blades is just as good. The Personna blades are however(IMHO) much more forgiving, they are a gentle blade to shave with and do not give me weepers. All of them will give you a good shave and it is just a question of what you like and of course what is available.

Regards
Dick.

Norfolkdick said:
Greetings

The two blades that you have found are the only two readily available in the Uk and the Personna Stainless PTFE Coated blades are only available from Connaughts.

Now this is my opinion and it is just tha,t the opinion of one old man with no special qualifications to back it up!

The Personna blades give me a really good shave,

Now it is a fact that some of these old blades are sharper, some frighteningly so, but after three passes the result I get from the Personna blades is just as good.
All of them will give you a good shave and it is just a question of what you like and of course what is available.

Regards
Dick.

You're right about that, Dick. Between the Personna and Schick one or both should be fine for a good shave.

I was just getting a little injector free fall flashback there. I am ok now.

Back
Top Bottom