Ingrams consistency

I have limited experience with creams and have never had a tube of Ingrams until recently. The cream's consistency is quite watery and sloppy by comparison to the others I have tried - Body Shop Macca Root and 4 samples of Trumpers. These are close to toothpaste in consistency and much firmer than the Ingrams.

It lathers up fine and smells ok but I need to use twice as much as the other creams I've mentioned.
I wonder if I have a duff tube or if it's normal.

Do/did you find the cream to be a watery/sloppy consistency?
My comparison is toothpaste (which the BS and Trunpers creams are close to).

Tony

it is deffo watery-er-er than other creams i have used. That said, it is also considerably cheaper, even compared against something like Speick which i find reasonable - but is still more than twice the price for just about half as much.

i quite liked Ingrams, but i used it as a stepping stone to Proraso - which i really like :D

Watery? That doesn't sound right to me, dodgy batch I think! I'm only on my second tube, but each has had a thickish consistency (the same as Palmolive cream I would say) not watery or thin in any way, and lathers up a treat! Efficacy wise, not far below the top rated creams for me :shave

I noticed that the consistency from my first tube of Ingrams, is sort of like ... well, ... hmm ... it reminds me of bird poop - not quite runny but ... ploppy - or something like that maybe.

Bird plop is a pretty accurate (if off-putting!) description of the tube I have.
If that's the way it is, I don't mind. I like the smell, the lather, the shave and the menthol cool. And at the price I'm happy to use twice as much.

I just wanted to make sure that I didn't have a tube from a bad batch and wasn't enjoying it in it's full glory.

Sounds like it might be a bit inconsistent if some tubes contain thicker tubes.

I might call into John Lewis in a bit and sneakily check a few tubes out. If they all seem thicker, I might take mine back for a swap.

Maybe it's the heat and humidity ... makes me feel all ploppy some days too. Stick it in the fridge overnight and see what happens. I would but everything is just so far away right now, and I just want to sit here for a bit, cooling down in the path of the fan.

I might shave later on, or I might wait until tomorrow. I have the morning off, & quack-upuncture in the afternoon.

I've seen similar comments on other forums and had a tube like it myself, maybe it's the shelf life or the heat or both. It's a nice cream but I prefer the Proraso for a menthol hit.

Hello all,

Having used three tubes of the stuff, I think all of them have differed a little in consistency, from (as described) watery; requiring a lot of product to be used - to the firmness of say, Palmolive cream; never as firm/dense as the higher end crams though. I wonder if the lack of preservatives in Ingrams has something to do with its relative lack of consistency.

Cheers

I never liked the smell of it and once I tried the proraso cream I never used it again.I always thought it lathered up pretty well and is worth a punt for the price, if you can get on with the smell.

Gentlemen, Ingram is also produced in Egypt. Here is a photo of the Egyptian-made Ingram tube. By the way, the cream is just as cooling and fantastic as the UK version, wit the same lovely scent.

Attachments

• thumb_ingram_shave_004.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 74
crackstar said:
Gentlemen, Ingram is also produced in Egypt. Here is a photo of the Egyptian-made Ingram tube. By the way, the cream is just as cooling and fantastic as the UK version, wit the same lovely scent.

"Lovely"? I know YMMV and of all things that are a matter of opinion the olfactory one is a complex one but Good God! To me Ingrams smells like a public convenience. On a bad day. But I am happy that you like it.

I had to use a lot of it to get a decent lather, as well.

49er said:
crackstar said:

"Lovely"? I know YMMV and of all things that are a matter of opinion the olfactory one is a complex one but Good God! To me Ingrams smells like a public convenience. On a bad day. But I am happy that you like it.

I had to use a lot of it to get a decent lather, as well.

Perhaps I'm crazy, but I love the scent.

The consistency varies, but I shake as much water off my shaving brush as possible before lathering up. I get a good Mr Whippy's ice cream consistency. But, if just one drop of water splashes into the bowl, it does make the texture runny.

Back
Top Bottom