iKon (again)

Went through a bit of a dark patch in my life a while ago and sold all my chattels.
Kept my head above water, but regretted selling my iKon standard head razor. Sure the battered Gillette J1 Adjustable is a great razor, but I still yearned for another iKon standard.
And last week I won one on eBay.

Anyway, today I came home from hospital (long story, but I have had a few inches of bowel removed) to find a parcel waiting for me and have just spent about an hour wondering if I had somehow bought a fake. I mean its the sort of thing that might well be faked given the price they go for - first off I thought it seemed "too" shiny for polished steel, then I thought the indents for the blade guides didnt seem deep enough, anyway - after much poking, prodding, comparing of photos and eventually taking my own photos I think it is the real deal.
97c84fd6.jpg

23efc240.jpg

5e31c654.jpg

(My old one)
cfc1efd2.jpg

e99dc210.jpg

Call me paranoid, but my first one cost me £40, this one cost me £106.
B*llocks to selling it again the wife can pawn her engagement ring next time.
6ad521cf.jpg

Father Ted said:
Just shaved with it too, feels the same - probably just me being paranoid.

So - this spacer then - whats that look like?

Nice looking DE.There is a place in suffolk called connaught shaving (ipswich) which sell ikon razors they have a website aswell:icon_razz:

If I remember correctly I seem to recall I have the honour of housing your previous iKon, Ted? If this is the case, rest assured it is well loved and cared for!

Werent you buying one of those assymetrical iKons? How did that work out?

I was, then heard nothing from Greg, then when I contacted him again it was "oh, sold them all now". Probably for more than originally quoted.

Never mind, I really wanted another HP finished Standard Bulldog. And now I have one.

No worries about having my old one, its one of lifes little things that'll be around long after I have pushed off my mortal coil (next Tuesday the way i feel at the mo).... Had a very nice shave with it this evening and cant stop feeling my face. (sad, I know).

Just to spite me, now I have bought one I bet he [Greg] starts producing them again, at £40.

I might try the spacer idea just to see how it fares...

Hey, Father Ted,
Glad you've got an iKon back in your shaving stable. I love mine, but I have to get back in the groove with it after a period of using my other razors.

Take it easy - I had a few inches of bowel removed some years ago. It's not something you recover from overnight, and over ten years on, I still find I can't eat pumpkin or butternut squash (the trapped wind just kills me). Mind you, given the alternative, no pumpkin isnt a bad price to pay for still being alive.
Look after youself.

Yes. Im only able to eat very small amounts and am really living on liquids at the mo.
Though, against advice those liquids do include Stella Artois and Baileys (not in the same glass).

As for my flatus, you could bottle it and use it to power the whole of Blackpool illuminations. I had no idea 6 inches could make such a difference.

Nurses, we make terrible patients.

Like the idea of a modified blade for the spacer. I've read about using 10-32 washers as spacers but didn't think it would give a level edge? The blade idea would support the whole blade.

Back
Top Bottom